Chapter 5

Author's POV

You know how sometimes life just throws unexpected dramas at you? That is exactly what it did to Jimin. Because few days after meeting Yoongi, he receives the news that his wedding date was set. It was sooner than he had expected but it was fine. He had no problem with it. It was not the problem.

The problem was the fact that he was invited to the Min's again. And thus, here he sat across the step brothers of Yoongi and their omegas. Yoongi sat beside him looking very out of place but still very handsome. The dinner table is large and everyone is silent and Jimin wonders if none of them talks every time they eat dinner. 'Can't relate. Couldn't relate.' he thinks to himself.

The maids serves the food one by one. 'At least the food looks good.' Jimin thinks ti himself. "I have asked them to prepare a great meal. You can eat as much as you want." The patriach says looking at Jimin.

At the sudden words Jimin almost flinch, startled. "I am very grateful that father have thought of me." Jimin says giving him a smile. Everyone sitting around starts eating from their own plate in silence but the person sitting right across Jimin starts speaking.

"I haven't seen you appear in social activities hosted for omegas that much. Was there any problem?" He asked. 'What was his name? Hani? Haneul? Right Haneul.' Jimin think to himself. Kang Haneul, the mate of the eldest son of Min family, Min Gibeom.

From what Jimin knew Haneul was well known among the omegas of high society. He liked to show off his "power" as the mate of the eldest son of Min family who had the biggest possibility to be the successor of the current patriach. He was a gossip queen one would say. He liked to treat people like they were under him. And with one look at his face Jimin could tell the question wasn't asked innocently. 'You couldn't even attend activities of the high society. Is it that you lack something?' was what he probably wanted to say.

"Activities like those are not suited for me. I used to attend when I was young following my mother. As time went on, I started finding them boring. All almost everyone does in those activities is gossip and show off. I prefer following my father and do something productive. My father teaches me how to weild swords. And I like it that way more." Jimin says.

'Take that.' Jimin thought to himself. The actual translation of what he said is 'I would rather do something productive and useful than be with the likes of you.'

Haneul holds back a scowl but Jimin can totally see him struggling to hold it back. He almost wants to laugh like an evil witch but he is a noble omega. Act calmly like his mother have taught him, he reminds himself.

"That is great. I expect nothing less from JiHyuk's bloodline." The patriach speaks up. "That's right. We all hear about how great the children of the great Park family is." Gibeom says, a fake smile on his face.

"I am glad everyone thinks so. But even I have so much left to learn." Jimin says. And he was not really kidding when he said so. Knowledge is never ending. You learn till the day you take your last breath.

"I have heard so many things about you. The name Park Jimin itself is a topic talked among the alphas of the high society." Chieun, the mate of the second son Min Kihyeon, spoke up. "Minister Cho's son have told us about how you have beaten him up once. I guess omega park likes to play rough compared to many other omegas." She says.

"Ah so you have heard about it. It was not playing rough. I call it beating up a person who clearly deserved it. I don't know how other omegas act like but when that insignificant alpha talked badly about my family how could I stand back?" Jimin says with an innocent smile. "Isn't calling him an insignificant alpha a little too much?" Kiyeon says.