Chapter 9

Author's POV

Yoongi doesn't have the best memories when it comes to his mother. Most of the time the expressions he had seen on his mother's face were devastation and pain. His mother had always shielded Yoongi from all the horrible gazes looking down on them. But it didn't mean Yoongi wasn't aware of his surrounding.

He experienced it in the way the children around him looked at him with disgust. Treated him like he was lower than them. As a child Yoongi was a quiet child. To be exact he had gotten used to being quiet. No one liked it when he spoke up.

He was 8 when he first learned the word illegitimate. No matter how much his mother kept him hidden at the end it was of no use. The world was harsh and cruel for a small child Yoongi who has done nothing but be born.

Most of his life as a childhood was filled with things that hurted him deeply, leaving wounds that weren't visible to the eyes. But there were moments where Yoongi was his happiest. It were the moments where he would see his mother with a content look, smiling as she talked to Yoongi about all the amazing things around the world. Told him stories of fairies and angels and soulmates destined to be with each other every life.

"Yoongi-ah promise eomma that you will do anything to be happy. I hope you meet a beautiful person who will love you unconditionally."

His mother had once said in a soft voice as Yoongi lays on the bed, his head on his mother's lap. He had pretended not to hear the last words his mother whispered, thinking Yoongi couldn't hear her.

"Don't end up like me."

Yoongi barely saw his father throughout his childhood. Once in a while he would meet him along with his two step brothers and their mother, that is the first and official wife of the Min's patriach. His father never did anything hurtful to him but his absence was hurtful enough for Yoongi and his mother.

His step brothers hated him. They made sure he knew of it.

"You are an outsider. Our mother says you are the child of a shameful omega." Kibeom had once said pushing him on the ground, Kihyeon standing behind him agreeing. Yoongi had held in his tears but had cried in his mother's arms later.

His father was cold to him. He made sure to have him go through trainings along with his step brothers and made sure he got the same education as them. But that was it. He always made himself feel content with just that but he felt jealous of his step brothers who seemed to be so close to their father.

As if it wasn't enough the most painful time came when Yoongi's mother got ill. She had no will to get better even if his father had sent healers to help her. She was too broken emotionally and mentally to fight the illness. Yoongi watches her wither away and one day she closes her eyes and Yoongi watches as she passes away, not able to do anything.

The last thing he heard from his mother was her weak voice telling him to not end up like her. Her sunken eyes desperate wishing for his happiness. That last words was what motivated Yoongi to be who he is now.

He was barely 19 when he stood on the battlefield for the first time. He had fought like it was the last way to survive. First time in the battlefield was harsh for a young person like him. He had nightmares of the people he killed, their blood coating his hands and screams of their agony.

It has haunted Yoongi so much that he had curled up in his bed and cried. But with each battle those nighmares stopped. Yoongi didn't felt much on the battlefield. It was them or him. Those was the only thought he had.

He became more skilled and more ruthless in the battlefield. Killing was like a reflex when he was on battlefield even though he hated the way it was. He was only 21 when he received the title of a "war hero" after leading a team which fortunately won against one of the great battles driving away wolves of other empire.

The king then had given him a land of his own. Yoongi took that chance to move away to that land with Taehyung who was under his care by then. The first weeks were hard. Yoongi had never learned to handle a land. But him and Taehyung struggled together to make it happen. Then he met Hoseok.

At first he was very wary of Hoseok but the other had proven himself to be trustworthy after he stayed by Yoongi even during their hardest time. Hoseok who was a part of mercenary became the commander when Yoongi formed his own groups of knights. Everything led him to where he was.

Yoongi was proud of his land even though it wasn't the richest or the best. He sometimes wondered if his mother was proud of him. He had become someone who was able to stand on his own. It was the only way he could made his late mother happy. He wasn't under the Min's household and built his own life.

As a closed off person Yoongi was not a friendly person. He didn't talked much. He didn't interact much. Much less he didn't even made any initiatives to approach an omega with the thought of mating. He never even thought about it. It felt like a meaningless thing to him. There were terrible rumours about him despite his reputation as a war hero. He was seen as a beast and not many wanted to do anything with him unless he was of use to boost their reputation.

All over that mating meant he was going to be someone's husband. Someone's mate. And then that meant he was bound to have a child in future. He wasn't sure if he was cut out to be a husband, a mate and a father. As someone who had never seen what a lovely husband or father was like he didn't know if he would be good enough to take those responsibilities.

That was until his father who hasn't cared about him that much started asking him to get mated. At first Yoongi clearly said no. But as the nagging increased he finally said yes but it had to be the omega who has to agree to marrying him. Yoongi never thought any omega would say yes.

Then the news came that the omega son of Park family agreed. It had shocked Yoongi. But then he met Jimin.

Jimin was like a breath of fresh air. He was not as pretentious as other noble omegas who only knew fake words, fake emotions and expression. Jimin was more like dandelions. It seemed as if he flew freely in the wind with not much care about the world and the on lookers.

He was as delicate as the spring flowers. As soft as spring days. But as sharp as swords. He was a mix of everything and Yoongi was hooked. He was curious. Eager to know and see the omega.

Jimin slightly reminded him of his mother. Being with him brought the same comfort Yoongi had felt when he was with his mother. Besides the comfort being with him also made Yoongi feel excited and thrilled. Because somehow being with Jimin led to new things Yoongi hadn't experienced.

It was cliche to say but Jimin was like the moon goddess herself with his silver hair that reminded Yoongi of full moon. He wondered if the gods had taken pity on his existence and sent Jimin.

Being with Jimin or just thinking about Jimin made Yoongi want to be a better person. A better alpha and mate. He wanted Jimin to like for who he is. He almost felt desperate at some moments. He didn't know what he would do if Jimin was to turn his back on him and walk away. Was this how his mother felt towards his father? Desperate for him to look back at her? Desperate to get his approval and love?

"Mother am I walking down your path?" He had asked looking up at the night sky filled with stars. Though he never received an answer. It was truly ridiculous how he got so hooked with the younger in a short amount of time.

But who could help a wolf who has already been enchanted by the moonchild.

Hello guys! My lord it has been a long time right?! Our internet was cut of for all the days I wasn't present here!!!!!!!! I almost died from borebom i am not gonna lie 💀💀

Life without internet was painful! I was itching to post this like seriously!

Anyway I hope you guys liked this chapter. Do leave a star if you liked it~ and feedbacks are welcome as always!

I will post another chapter soon~ so do look out for it.