Chapter 5

Charlotte

"No, I'm not."

"You do what I say. You are leaving with him."

"I'm not arguing, it's not happening, Adam." As he raised his hand, I sagged my shoulders in defeat. He won. Again. "Fine. But I know you're using this just to get rid of me."

Jamie left the room clearly uncomfortably and shut the door.

"You're so dramatic."

"Excuse me? You're the whole who's being ridiculous right now."

"I'll handle this, don't worry."

"You don't love me anymore, that's why you want me gone. You know it just as much as I."

"We both know love was never in the picture for us. But in order to keep you safe, only Jamie and I know where you're going. You will contact no one but Jamie."

"I can't even tell Hannah or my parents that I..."

"No. Be packed by tomorrow morning."

*The next morning: I can't believe I'm leaving. But at least I won't be alone, I have a handsome bodyguard with me at all times. It'll be merely impossible to stay away from him. I decide what to wear to get my mind off of him. I want to look bold so I can get a reaction from him. A knock came at the door interrupting her thoughts. "Come in."

"Ms. Lexington are you..." His eyes travel down my body and a small smile forms across his face. He likes it. BINGO! "You ready?"

I nodded.

"And by the way..." He stops me in my tracks. "You look very appropriate."

"Appropriate? Come on, you can do better than that."

"Sexy. That dress fits you great."

Blushing, I said, "You look quite sexy yourself."

He smiled. "Thanks."

*After 10 hours of car ride and hiking, we arrived at a small cabin surrounded by nothing but trees. "This is where we're staying?"

He nodded.

"Is it safe?"

"It's safe, I promise."

"So, we're going to be alone here all of the time?"

"Yes."

Alone time with him in a secluded area sounds amazing. "Let's go in." The cabin was a rustic decor that gave it a homey feeling. Not like my home, but I like it. A lot actually.