Chapter 28

By the time we decided to leave, it was way past midnight. As soon as we get in the bedroom, I sit on the bed and take off my heels, stretching my feet and feeling the instant relief once the heels are gone. "Well, tonight definitely wasn't at all what I expected, but I think you really saved my night."

"Me?"

"Yes, you." I flop back on the bed and stare up at the ceiling.

"Did you have fun?"

He was quiet for a moment until I felt the bed move as he laid down next to me. "Surprisingly, yes. I did."

"Surprisingly?"

"I've never gone to one of those things before."

I roll onto my side to face him and see him watching me. "Why not?"

"They aren't really my thing."

"I'm sorry I made you go." I felt a little embarrassed after saying that.

"I'm glad we went."

"You are?"

He reaches out and tucks a loose piece of hair behind my ear. I'm so shocked by his action that I'm afraid to make a move and ruin the moment.

"You looked really gorgeous tonight." Then he frowns. "What's the matter?"

"This is so much harder than I thought it'd be. Watching you flirt with those men tonight...I didn't like it."

I open my eyes and see him studying me cautiously. "I wasn't flirting." I said, grinning.

"It appears you were. Especially with Jack."

"Jack? I wasn't flirting with him, trust me."

"He kissed your cheek."

"He did it to prove a point."

"What point?"

"He was trying to tell me that you had feelings for me, but I didn't believe him."

He becomes suddenly silent.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

His hand comes up to rest softly against my cheek, and I feel his thumb slowly move back and forth. I close my eyes as tingles of lust and desire flood through my body, heating my skin and intensifying the need to feel more of him.

Suddenly, I feel a gentle pressure against my lips. My eyes open in shock, as my heart pounds in my chest. He pulls away after a second of me not responding, but I'm too shocked to move. Oh my god, he kissed me!

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I..."

I reach forward and grab the front of his shirt. As I tug him toward me, he meets me halfway and our lips crash together into a passionate kiss. He groans and wraps his arms around me in a tight embrace. My whole body feels like it set on fire. I can't get him close enough or fast enough. My nails dig into his back as my teeth tug on his lower lip. He rolls on top of me, taking full control. Gripping my wrists in one hand, he pins them above my head and smirks.