Chapter 29

"Jamie..." I gasp as he bends down and places a soft kiss just below my chin. His mouth trails down my neck both biting and sucking until I'm shaking from the pleasure. I move beneath him and moan out his name when I feel his erection pressing into me where I need him most.

I'm completely all his, and he knows it. I feel him suck hard on my neck, no doubt leaving a hickey. The sound of my clothing being torn off echoes in my head. I squirm while trying to get out of his grasp.

"Did you really just rip that dress?"

"Yes."

"Ja..." Before I can get out another word, his hand cups one of my breasts and his thumb flicks my sensitive skin. I bite down on my lip and toss my head back as my desire escalates even more. 

He finally releases my wrists and quickly locks my arms around his neck, his mouth soon back down to mine. His tongue is inside my mouth, clashing into mine, and a loud moan tears through my throat. His hands travel behind my back where he unclasps my bra and slides it down my shoulders. His eyes take me in hungrily, the rapid rising and falling of his chest match mine. "You're so fucking beautiful Charlotte."

I wrap my legs around his waist and moan as his lips wrap around my breasts. The wave of pleasure is almost too intense. I want to push him away, I want to pull him closer, and the seductive torture leaves my thoughts rambling.

"Please," I whisper. I hear him chuckle and the lust sends tingles down my chest.

"So impatient, Ms. Lexington." His teeth and tongue continue to torment me as he brings a hand between my legs. Instead of begging, I take his shirt and toss it on the floor. He seems to sense my desperation because he starts unbuttoning his pants as his lips find mine again. I immediately pull down and help him pull off the only thing left between us. Feeling helpless without his touch, I grasp his hardening erection and feel him twitch within my grasp.

"God, Charlotte. Don't fucking stop." he moans.

I barely have any warning before he leans down and starts kissing my breasts again. I continue to stroke him and push him to the breaking point with the pleasure I'm giving him. His free hand trails down my stomach until he reaches for my thighs. "Are you ready for me?"

My only response is a moan.

He gently kissed my breasts while I'm kissing his shoulder. I try my best to brace myself as he hoists my legs up and slowly slides inside me. The second he was fully inside me, my body was already on verge of finishing.

"Fuck, you're so tight," he moans. My hands have a grip on the sheets as he slowly pulls out then enters me again. I want to moan, I want to scream his name, but his mouth comes down to claim mine once more and silences me completely.

"That's how it feels when I have a husband who has no interest in pleasing me."

He smirked. "He's missing out."

As he continues his pace, I wrap my legs around him to get him deeper inside me. My fingers claw into his back as he picks up the pace. By the time he finishes, we're both sweating as he collapses on the bed next to me. We are short out of breath, and it takes a while to get our underwear back on.

"That was..."

"Wow." I can't find words to explain the pleasure he gave me. I reach for his hand and intertwine my fingers with his.

How could I have not known a connection like this ever existed? How could I deprive myself from a true connection with a man for years. Adam never made me feel this way. The only man I see existing in my life is Jamie. He's all I want, I feel like I can no longer stay away from him.

*Next morning: Ever since last night, it's become awkward between us. Neither one of us knows what to say, so it appears silence is the only agreement. If I go into a room where he is, he leaves and goes somewhere else. But at some point, we both end up sitting on the couch, sitting in silence until he finally breaks it. "So."

"So."

"Are you feeling okay today?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Guess that's a good question."

"I guess." Why does it feel so uncomfortable all of a sudden? He can tell the sadness in my face and immediately becomes worried.

"Hey. Look at me."

I couldn't even look at him. I'm falling in love with a man who will never be with me, ever. He leaned down and kissed me.

"What was that for?"

"Should we... turn the TV on?" He asked, clearly changing the subject.

"Okay." As he turned it on, I detected he was still worried but didn't want to show it.

"Anything you specifically want to watch?"

"News maybe? See what's going on now." Jack told me Jamie likes me but it sure as hell doesn't feel like it at all.

I slowly moved away from him without him noticing, placing my head on my knees. As he turned to the news station, the remote fell on the floor. Both of us stare at the screen in shock as a body bag is being put into an ambulance in front of my home.

"What the fuck?" He asked in confusion.

"This has to be one of his sick jokes. This isn't real."

"I'm calling him." He stands up and dials Adam's number. It must have gone directly to voicemail because he slams it down on the coffee table, startling me.

My hand starts shaking as I lift it to the point on the screen. Jamie glances over at me with both anger and concern. "Does that say...?"

In big, bold letters across the bottom of the screen, the words "Charlotte Lexington has been declared dead this morning!" flash in my face.

"I'm DEAD?"