Chapter 18

I bite my lips as my gaze flickers between his chest and his eyes.

He seems to be conflicted but allows me to take his hand and pull him over to the bed. "Is that music playing?"

"Yes, do you like it?"

"What's going on?"

"It was too quiet. I needed some background noise."

"I suppose." When we reach the bed, I turn to face him and push him down.

"Whoa, Charlotte. What's going on?"

"I want to show you something."

"I don't think..."

I put a finger to his lips. "Shh... Do you trust me?"

He stays quiet but I can see it in his eyes. He can't resist me.

I lift my leg up to straddle him, and his eyes widen.

"What are you doing?"

"Something you'll see I'm very good at."

He looks confused so I elaborate by moving my hips sensually against him. He freezes then closes his eyes.

I lean in towards his ear and whisper quietly, "Have you ever had a lap dance before?"

His breathing picks up the harder I press down against his muscular thighs. My hands roam his broad, naked chest, and I graze my nails along his exposed skin.

"I know you don't want to cross boundaries... so I won't kiss you. But you know as well as I do that there's a connection between us. We both crave human touch, and it's been too long since either of us were intimate."

He doesn't argue and lets me continue. I take his hands and place them on my thighs, and I feel as his fingers tighten around me. I move my body slowly, seductively against him in time with the music.

My fingers weave into his hair, and I hear him let out a low moan of pleasure. I can feel him hardening beneath me, and the sound of my name from his lips only fuels my desire and needs for him.

"Charlotte..." I pressed my lips against his neck and feel his hands travel up the curve of my backside, pulling me closer. His stubble scrapes against my lips, and I imagine how it would feel against other parts of my body. I press myself against him, and the wet droplets trickling down his chest begin to dampen my skin and my clothes. Both of us are breathing heavily.

We're so caught up in the moment that it takes us a while to notice the song ended. "Was that the last song?"

I don't answer. Our faces are a hairsbreadth apart, so close the scent of his toothpaste kisses my lips. His eyes search mine, and when they find them, he whispers "Thank you."

"Thank you?" He nods and shifts uncomfortably underneath me. I glance down at the very appealing arousal he's trying to hide from me.

"Charlotte..." I lean forward and press my lips firmly against his. He hesitates for a split second, but then begins to return my kiss hungrily, all the second thoughts gone. He slides my body forward until I'm right above his erection.