Chapter 18

(the calm before the storm. Bc my babies need REST.)

I think their relationship is going too fast, but whatever 🤩

---A Picnic
"A flat stone  that you can manipulate to do your bidding? How ridiculous!" Venti exclaimed.

Xiao rolled his eyes. "You make it sound worse than it is. But yes, a flat stone with buttons. Think about the impact it would create! If we connect them, it could be a useful way of communication!" Xiao explained, ecstatic. "I'll have to ask Albedo about that...."

Venti smiles. Xiao had certainly came out of his shell these past few months. But were these things even possible to make? He rolls his eyes endearingly.

He picked out some grapes from their picnic basket, overflowing with the amount of food in it. Laid out underneath the two of them was a traditional picnic blanket.

Venti tossed one to Xiao, hoping that it would atleast land on his mouth. It went for Xiaos head.

He could've manipulated the wind but... Seeing the prince's  expression was hilarious. The glare Xiao gave him was the last straw.

Venti fell back and howled, Curling his legs.

"Bastard. I love you–" Xiao grunted out before freezing. "I–"

"You're doing great sweetie!" A voice which Xiao suspected could be Ganyu yelled.

He ignored it in favor of looking at Venti. With wide, glossy eyes.

Gathering up his courage–Xiao wanted to confess properly– he took a deep breath and said

"I like you venti. And I want to grow old and love you. From the day we accidentally–" he blushed deeper "– .... Kissed, I felt something. And I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

His breath shook as he waited for an answer. Whether a rejection or a.... Yes... He'd take anything.

"Xiao...."

Xiao braced himself for a rejection. What he didn't expect, was a peck on the cheek by a tomatoed Venti.

"I... I like you too, Xiao."

Somewhere in the background, the squealing of fangirls could be heary

----exams

"Xiao.... I C-can't do this anymore" venti confessed.

Xiao pulled him into an embrace. "We can get through this. I know we can, Venti."

Hu Tao looked between both of them. With tears glistening in her eyes. "Guys.... We're studying for an exam.... COULD YOU STOP BEING DRAMA QUEENS FOR A SECOND,"  she rolled her eyes and continued writing notes.

Xiao and Venti continued sobbing in despair for their nonexistent grades.

---Drama Class
"Xiao... XIAO.... Please" Ganyu shook the body below her. "Please wake up.... I can't lose you!"

Xiao smiled grimly, "Kill them for me, will you?" With that, his very last breath left his body.

"XIAO!" Ganyu screamed and yelled at the gods. How could they do this?

The rain fell, signaling another death, which would save hundreds.

"And cut!" yelled Venti.

"Oh my god... that was, that"– Yanfei clasped her hands together. Before clapping. –"Was amazing!"

"Xiao would do good as a dead body" Venti pointed out.

"Hey!"

----