Fourteen | High Speeds

A sleepover

A sleepover. That's what I'm at right now, because of Dylan. He came up to me yesterday saying that he got Isabella Solis pregnant and I quote "My guys can swim, but I can't." He then accidentally invited her older brother, Diego Solis to his non-existent sleepover since he so-called "panicked." He continued inviting people including Luke and Atlas before he invited me.

Diego, and Isabella Solis are siblings that go to our school. They have an older brother Mateo Solis who stays in Manhattan. I knew Mateo when I was a freshman and he was a Senior jock. They're natural brunettes but Isabella dyes her hair dark blue. I don't have any classes with Isabella, but I share many with Diego. I've also known Diego since sophomore year when we would go driving without a license in the neighbourhood.

Dylan on the other hand shares almost every single class with Diego. That's why he panicked and invited him for a "sleepover."

Now I am here with a beer in hand and an already crushed Xanax in my pocket, ready to be snorted. We're in the living room, sitting around, drinking, and playing video games. Dylan has a face mask on and he bought 5 more for the rest of us. "You guys seriously aren't going to wear face masks?" He asks us.

"No." We all say at the same time watching him play A Way Out with Diego. The characters in the game, Leo and Vincent are currently on a boat and let's just say Diego is doing all the work. "Guys, once my face mask timer is up, I'm gone," Dylan tells us.

"No!" We all shout again on the edge of our seats as we watch them play. "Go left Dylan! Left!" I shout at him as he steers the boat right.

A timer on Dylan's phone goes off and he throws the controller backward. "You play!" He points at Atlas who is shocked he caught the controller before Dylan stands up and walks out of the living room. "Jump!" We all shout at Atlas before he adjusts his grip on the controller.

"Diego! Pay attention!" Diego presses square like there is no tomorrow. While no one is looking, I grab the packet of Xanax in my pocket, opening and snorting the white powder. I feel time slows down and everyone quiets before I finally hear Diego able to save his characters. We all cheer as Diego falls to the floor. "I did it." He sighs.

He suddenly sits up, grabs a beer from the table, and takes a swig. He tosses me one like he knows the three cans beside me are already empty. "Did he win?" Dylan comes back with a Jade Roller pressed to his face.

"The girl is back," Dre calls out which causes everyone to laugh at Dylan. "Yeah, laugh all you want but when I'm sixty with flawless skin, you all going to wish you did what I'm doing right now." He scoffs, plotting down on the couch.

We all sigh at the long ass game we played. Well, Dylan, Atlas, and Diego played. We just screamed at them. "Saw you got a new car." Dre drops beside me, opening a beer.

I nod, taking a deep breath through my nose. "It's probably faster than yours," I swear I'm not talking...it's the Xanax. I'm too calm to be talking right now so whatever leaves my mouth doesn't belong to me. "Is that so?" Dre asks, rising to his feet. I nod again as a smirk grows on my face.