Thirty - four | Bad Day

Well, this sucks

Well, this sucks. We're back from Paris, I haven't had lunch or dinner, I'm jet lagged and it's pouring. Doesn't sound bad, but Dylan's Jeeps roof doesn't come all the way up so Dylan and I are soaked while everyone in the back is as dry as a bone.

"You really regretting calling shot gun, aren't you?" Diego laughs as thunder strikes. "Shut your mouth Solis or I'll jump to the back and pull your goddamn eyes out!" He moves back, hiding under the half closed roof.

We reach the entrance of the estate. The night security guard recognises our faces and opens the iron gates. Dylan immediately speeds into the estate, dropping me off at my house.

We have a beautiful house. Three-story, dark bricks with a worn out trim. Tall and large windows allow me to see the bright white lights inside. It is more than big enough for my family of four.

As quick as I possibly can, I grab my soaking wet backpack and get the hell out of this car. Dylan doesn't even say bye before he speeds off. I climb the driveway up to my house, seeing three unknown cars parked outside. My muscles tense up as I pass by each expensive looking family cars.

I look back at my street, taking in the quiet avenue, rain glittering the floor, snow looks like it'll fall this week, blacks, blues and greys. The scent of the petrichor and burning wood from chimneys drift through my nose.

Opening the door, I immediately hear the sound of people talking. My eyebrows furrow as I make my way towards the noise. A water trail follows behind me.

My soggy Vans make a squeaky sound with each step I take. Reaching the dining room I see people I've known since birth all around the table talking to one another.

My eyes land on Colby and Mona Nowak. The same family who's daughter is always staring at me when we have events. She's weird and she's homeschooled. Her name is Reese and she already has her dumb eyes on me. I'll rip her eyes out first before I rip Diego's out.

My eyes then go to my parents who have just realised I'm here. "You're home." My dad says. "You forgot to pick me up and I had to walk in the rain!" I feel the water drip down my body and I hear a little snicker come from the table.

My eyes shoot to the girl who snickered. Nida sits beside her mother with her arms crossed over her chest. She covers her mouth with her hand, but I'm still able to see her smile. "Sorry." She says as she looks back up at me.

A rush of anger washes over me as I see everyone except my sister. My eye twitches as my mother tells me to go shower and get changed since dessert is about to be served causing me to drop my soaking wet bags onto the floor.

Before I can leave, Dr. Rafael Kaiser and his wife Sara catches my eye. If they're here then their kids are here which means they're in my room touching my stuff!

I storm up the stairs, pushing open my door to see his son Zion and daughter Myra playing with my lightsabers. They stare at me, scared and confused. "Get. Out." They drop my lightsabers and run out of the room.