Fourty - three | Suffering

I haven't slept in days

I haven't slept in days. I'm shaking nervously as I look around the street, hoping no one notices me. It's a little hard to be unseen considering that I'm the one who created Overdrive. Everyone here knows that.

However, I almost cancelled tonight when I realised the engine is still out of my car. When I came home from the country club, I had to watch a five hour YouTube video on how to put my engine back in to my car. It took two needles, a wrench and the car almost falling onto me before I was able to start up my car. I'm sure it's slower than usual, but what's the creator of Overdrive without his 350Z? A poser, that's what he is.

"You okay?" Luke asks as he sits beside me on the hood of my car. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes, hitting the box against his palm a few times before he pulls one out. He places it between his lips before lighting the end.

He offers me a cigarette and without hesitation, I quickly put one in my mouth. He hands me the lighter and I begin to desperately flick it. When it catches a light, I inhale the toxic smoke. It darkens my lungs before I blow out a stream of smoke. "Yeah, why?" I finally respond to him as we watch the cars drift in an infinity sign with the sky being lit up with fireworks even though snow is falling.

Luke shrugs a single shoulder. "You're looking... agitated." My head whips to him, wondering if he can see through me. Yeah, Luke and I are close for people who only started hanging out this year. Hell, I drove him here because he got his keys taken away, but him being able to tell that something is wrong is concerning. I need to kill him. "You're looking tired." I say wanting him to not talk about me.

"I am tired," he breathes out. "I didn't get much sleep last night." I chuckle knowing that it's a lie. We sit in silence, enjoying the burning tobacco as we admire the cars and girls passing by. However, with my face scabs and Luke's sick like face, I'm sure we're not the finest view to the girls.

As long as Nida finds me attractive, I could care less about these girls. Except, I see a girl looking at our direction. Specifically at Luke. Long blonde hair, small waist, 5'3" or 5'4", eyes the colour of the sea. I've never seen her before. "Why don't you try talking to her?" I nudge Luke, jerking my chin in her direction.

He inhales the smoke, turning his head to look at her. She smiles and waves with him before she giggles at her friends. "Not my type." He shrugs, looking back at the cars.

I do the same, watching them spin on the icy roads with snow covering the roofs. "Just out of curiosity," I say, breaking the ice. "If you didn't bring your car, how are we supposed to know if your dad is coming to arrest us?"

He chuckles, plucking the cigarette out of his mouth. "My mom and dad went to Chicago for some hotel convention."

My lips part as I nod. I smile widely, knowing that this perfect since Mr. Luke's dad (Luke never told me his name) always finds us by tracking Luke. Whether it's his phone, car or motorcycle. Sometimes Luke leaves everything at home and his dad still finds us. I'm sure Luke has a chip in his neck.