Nineteen | City Is Ours

Clutch, gas, skid and 'City is Ours by Big Time Rush

Clutch, gas, skid and 'City is Ours by Big Time Rush.' Four things that are currently running through my head.

My foot is glued to the gas peddle and my arms full of tension as they grip on the steering wheel. My legs shake anxiously as I lift my leg to push in the clutch and switch gears. "Last to judge, Noah, but you should slow down." Luke mumbles, holding the dashboard with both hands.

"Whoo-hoo!" I howl over the loud music which startles him. "Slow down!" Luke shouts at me.

"I am fantastic, thanks for asking." My back digs into the seat as the car skids along the empty road. "Wrong lane!" Luke yells so I turn back onto the right lane.

There is a car in front of me which is interfering with my speed. It's your average white 4x4 but hell is it annoying. Thus I turn back onto the wrong lane. "You don't need to pass!" He yells again as I notice bright headlights approaching us. He starts screaming as the car comes closer and my heart beat picks up.

The light is blinding and my grip loosens before I slid to the left. The tires screech and I laugh out loudly at Luke's screams.

The car straightens out and I step down on the clutch and shift back into the next gear. As my speed picks up and I feel my smile growing wider as the song changes, I catch sight of Luke looking terrified. "Oh, superate a ti mismo." [Oh, get over yourself.]

He stops and slowly turns his head to me. "Did you just speak Spanish?" I also pause. "Huh, I guess I did." I shrug.

I didn't know I could speak Spanish. My family doesn't speak Spanish. I guess they do speak a bit of the language in Portugal, but I'm not there enough to be able to pick up the language. However, I did take it once in eighth grade. I must be a fast learner. "¡Soy veloz, perra!" [I am speed, bitch!] I shift gears and the car keeps going faster.

"We can't die." He alternated between the road and me. "We're not going to die." I shrug a single shoulder, kicking into the next gear.

My gaze turns to him, completely ignoring the road. Wow, man's is gorgeous. He's fumbling for a cigarette at the moment, but I am flabbergasted at his good looks.

It might be the coke talking, but I would get with him any day. "Your eyes looks so good in that dark hoodie." I jerk my chin at him, smiling widely. "Noah! Look at the road!" My head snaps back and I see a car approaching us quickly. My eyes go wide and my heart sinks.

I turn the wheel and the tires screech as I try to straighten out the car however it's useless. The tires skid left. I keep trying to adjust the car, but it won't stop spinning until it hits one of the trees on my side. The windows shatter and the glass shards hit me.

My body is thrown left before everything stops. I pant and cough with my hands still holding the wheel in shock. I slowly turn my head to Luke knowing I just wrecked his car. He's coughing and his eyes are wide.