Fifty-five | Dandelions

This is madness

This is madness. I'm already running late and I haven't even finished my makeup. I had to restart my makeup for the sixth time tonight as it keeps separating. Luckily, I don't have to worry about my hair as I'm getting Shaziyah to put them in rollers for me.

"Stop using that setting spray, it's the reason your makeup is separating." She says, sectioning the last part of my hair to put the rollers in. "I want it to stay the entire night, what else should I do?" My hands shake as I scramble through my makeup. I search for the perfect shade of blush that must be somewhere in this mess.

I've been getting ready since ten in the morning and I'm still running late. Noah is going to be here at seven and it's already five. "Alright, I'm ready." Rohan walks in, adjusting the cufflinks on his white shirt. Shaziyah and I both turn our heads to look at him, confused. He doesn't have any fancy plans tonight as far as I know. "Where are you going?" Shaziyah asks before I do.

He looks up at us, sharing the same confused face as us. "I'm going to prom with Noah."

My eyes drift to Shaziyah's. "Then where are you going?" My eyes slightly widen. "I'm going to prom... with Noah." We then look back at Rohan who's jaw is on the floor.

He then places his hand on his hips, shaking his head. "I'm going to prom. I even bought a brand new suit from Kohls with my own money to match his."

Turning my chair to face him, I cross my legs and scrunch up my face. I eye his classic black suit with the blue pocket square. He adjust his tie, doing a little spin to show off his outfit. I open my mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when he begins speaking again. "We were hanging out the other day and he asked me to go to prom with him."

My eyebrows raise. I didn't know Rohan and Noah actually hung out. "Rohan, I don't think Noah was asking you." Shaziyah places a hand on her hip as she breaks the news to him. "No- he- no!" Biting back a smile, I turn back to the mirror, finally finding my blush. "This is like 9/11 all over again." He whispers loud enough for the both of us to hear before storming out of the room.

From a distance I hear him cry out loud before he slams his bedroom door shut. Shaziyah and I break into a fit of laughter while feeling sorry for the miscommunication between Noah and Rohan.

As I finish my makeup, I finally put on my dress on. I admire the plain lilac purple dress. It has a sweetheart neckline and the sleeves are short just so they cover my shoulders that I will later drop so the dress is off the shoulder. The bottom half isn't your usual mermaid style, but rather flows effortlessly down my body. I've adorned my body with silver jewellery to give the dress some zest. "Ali wants to take me out for dinner, could you hurry up!" Shaziyah calls from outside of my closet.