Fifty-six | Drifting

Overdrive is located by a parking lot that we've closed by blocking all entrances with our cars

Overdrive is located by a parking lot that we've closed by blocking all entrances with our cars. The bets have been placed on the small amount of races I'm holding tonight.

The message was sent a few hours after Dylan and I were announced as prom king and king as an after party.

Most of the people here are in their prom outfits while the others are dressed in casual clothes. It is weird to walk around in my dads suit in such an environment, but with my classmates doing the same, I've learnt to deal with it.

"How many of those have you had?" I ask Nida as she sips on another slushy. She stares at me with guilt, her eyes moving to the sky as she thinks. "Not enough." My eyes land on her purple tongue and lips. She takes another big sip, not feeling a ounce of shame.

Now that people know Nida and I are... something, they've been giving her an insane amount of princess treatment. Whatever food or drinks we have here, she gets for free. She can even get drugs for free if she'd like. "Why have a plain slushy when you can have purple drank slushy." Casper comes to stand beside us as he pours in cough syrup and some soda into the half drank purple slushy.

He mixes it with the straw, taking a sip. "I'll just have to fight off the drowsiness and before you know it-"

He's cut off by the thundering roar of an engine, I jerk my head towards the starting line, peering through a gap in the crowd.

Luke is leaning on Diego's doorframe, talking to him. "Come with me," I stick my hand out for Nida to take, her cinnamon scent enveloping me. Without hesitation, she takes my hand which gets steel drums to play on my stomach.

We fight our way through the crowd as everyone takes their viewing positions. His grey Mustang with a black stripe that travels from the hood all the way to the trunk comes into view. I give them a closed mouth smile as I stand beside Luke. "Donuts or racing?"

Diego glances over at me, shrugging a single shoulder. "Donuts." My eyes then go to Dre as he climbs into his blue BMW.

His eyes go to Nida who is finishing up her slushy. "Why don't you do donuts with us, Nida?" He asks jokingly. We all look over to her and her eyes go wide which gets a chuckle out of us.

She fake laughs at us, letting go of my hand to flip us off. "Laugh all you want, but when I stab this straw into your eye, we will see who's- Priya!" She exclaims when her eyes land on her best friend. She instantly runs away from us towards her. Her arms wrap around Priya who is just as excited to see her. My eyes stay on her as she giggles loudly with Priya. It's so loud I'm able to hear it over the sound of cars revving and people talking.

"Alright, we're doing this." Diego says, pulling out a black walkie-talkie. "Ready?" He asks and Dre responds. "Yeah." Diego then pushes us away from his door. "And I'm running into the middle!" Atlas pops up from nowhere which gets me to jump ten feet in the air.