Fifty-four | weak when ur around

Happy, brave, peaceful

Happy, brave, peaceful. All theses feelings, but I'm still missing something in my life. Even though everything seems to be going the right way again and I constantly have a smile on my face that doesn't seem to be forced anymore, I'm still missing a puzzle piece.

Not once have I woken up in my own sweat, feeling pain and regret from my past, but the small inconveniences can't easily be ignored.

My life at this current moment can only be described as the beach on a gloomy day. A never ending day with the people closest to me who seem to be loving their time on earth while I'm still stuck in this thunderous cloud.

The trust I have for these people should be scientifically tested. It's one of the things in life that I value the most. Having trust in people, but most importantly, people having trust in me.

The person who I trust the most is Nida and I know she has trust in me. Nida has to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. Being around her is like walking on cloud nine.

The way she looks at me makes me spiral. With her doe eyes that always look full of curiosity. Her eyes must be my favourite thing about her as it reminds me of when we were kids. Young and unbothered.

I pick up the Shreddies box, pouring half of it's contents into the blender before adding some milk. I place the cap onto the blender before hitting the switch. The sound of the blades spinning quickly makes a loud sound which echoes throughout the kitchen. I switch the blender off, pouring its contents into a glass before taking a sip. Not bad.

It tastes exactly like how the Shreddies has been tasting for months minus the crunch from the cereal. "That's disgusting." I look up from my glass towards Norah as she eats her crepes. "Disgusting or innovative?" I shrug, taking big gulp of my smoothie.

My sister stares at me still mortified by my concoction. I choose to ignore it as I'll be drinking this for the next few weeks. It will be my new hyper fixation food. "No one told you to buy so many boxes." She looks back down at her phone.

I open my mouth to respond, but I quickly shut it once I hear the sound of heavy footsteps against the hardwood stairs. It's my dads footsteps.

He comes speeding into the kitchen, immediately seeing the mug of coffee on the table. "I am so late." My mom always makes my dad his coffee. It's the only thing she can make and it has become a ritual in their marriage.

He picks up the mug, taking a big gulp of it before spitting it all out into the sink. "Oh no," he stares at the mug with eyes wide. "What's wrong?" Norah asks, clasping her hands and struggling to hold a smile back. "She- your mother- she put salt in my coffee."