10.

••••

••••

Arriving in Saginaw, Michigan. Shakur had dropped his first load off and now had a 2 day delay due to his truck breaking down. He'd left home two days ago and already missed Kennedy, every summer he'd be away from home being that this was the time demand was high. He usually spent the summer months on the road non-stop then took a month or two off before accepting any other loads.

"Let me get some rib tips and fries, sauce on the fries too." He told the worker, he decided to stop by the city's favorite little barbecue restaurant— Rib Shack.

Being back in his home town brung back alot of nostalgia, it was a small city but it was where he was born and raised. Along side the trauma that he went through there, he still had good times before his life went to shît. Grabbing the food he headed out the small restaurant and before he could reach his rental he felt a hand on his shoulder, out of instinct he snatched away and faced the person who had touched him with a hard mug on his face.

"Damn, nigga. It's just me," Dame chuckled with his blunt hanging out of his mouth. "Fuck you doing back here Kuri?" He asked while leaning against the building.

Shakur frowned, "I can't come visit my city or some?"

"Shît, we ain't seen you since you went all legit and shît." He shrugged, he watched his surroundings as cars went by.

Rib shack was on one of Saginaws busiest roads— E Gennese and since Dame was from the north side, the east side wasn't really the spot to be. Especially with the very side wanting him dead, however he walked around how he pleased and had done so for years. He knew he wasn't untouchable but he wouldn't give any nigga the satisfaction of thinking they ran him from their hood. It just wasn't in him.

"Yeah," Shakur replied.

Dame shook his head, "Aight. I see you ain't fuçking with me like that and I ain't finna force no conversation. Be smooth round' here while you out here. You know where to find me if you need me."

With that Dame walked into the establishment and Shakur got inside his rental, before pulling out. He headed towards the deep end of the Bridgeport area where his mother lived in a mini mansion, it was far out where all the nice houses resided. His mother had never left her city no matter how much her late husband protested about them having better things in life being that he was a business man that made too much money to be staying in the hood according to him. Phylicia let him move her from the hood and far out but that was about it.

His mind wondered off to Dame as he drove through the city, Damien was his his homeboy he grew up with and he had even lived with him before his biological parents had been sentenced to prison when Shakur was just thirteen years old. He didn't speak about them much because he resented them for leaving him and Dame all alone back then, forcing them into the system and nothing went good for Shakur since then.