Chapter Three

Neo turned onto his side and was woken up by a beam of light shining into his eyes. He groaned as he rubbed his eyes and leaned up in bed. He climbed down his ladder and went into the bathroom. After using the bathroom, he decided to wash his hands, and face and started his morning routine. Once he smelt good, he walked back into his room and decided to make his bed. He laid his sweatpants back onto his bed while he got dressed. He decided on black jeans, an oversized grey hoodie, and black shoes. He wanted to go find where his classes were since they start tomorrow. As he grabbed his backpack, he heard Arc's sheets rustle. He tensed up and tried to be quieter. He walked to the door and jumped when he heard a "Pssst"

He looked over and saw a girl using Arc's blanket as a cover. Neo's eyes widened and then he quickly looked away.

"Hey, could you hand me that pink shirt?" she said in a whisper. He bent down, grabbed the shirt, and handed it to her. She smiled and slipped it on. As she came down the ladder, Neo walked out of the room accidently slamming the dorm door. He tensed up again and quickly walked away. His first class was tomorrow at ten and he wanted to time how long it would take to get there in the morning. He rubbed his head and used the map he was given to find his classes. It took him around two hours due to him getting lost. Once he was able to find all his classrooms, he decided to go back to his dorm. He remembered that he was given a gift box and he wanted to know what was inside. He also wanted to browse his class web pages and print out anything he needed for tomorrow.

He walked out of the elevator and bumped into something hard. He fell back some and looked up from his phone. In front of him was a tall six-foot-three man who stood there. He looked up and quickly looked down. He stepped to the side and was about to continue his walk to his room, but the man held his arm out to block Neo.

"Neo? Where are you going? We are all about to go down and get some lunch. Join us." Arc said while he blocked Neo from walking. Neo kept his eyes on his phone. He did not know why these three men kept talking to him. He was used to being invisible.

"No, I am okay. I ate earlier." Neo grabbed Arc's arm to move it, but Arc did not allow it.

"Come on, you don't need to eat. We three want to get to know you since we will be dormmates for the next ten months." Arc's voice had more of a serious tone under it. Patrick and James knew that Arc did not like being told no. Neo sucked his top teeth for a second before looking up at Arc.

"I said I was okay. I know we are dormmates, but don't plan on becoming my friend. We are in different friend groups." Neo spoke with irritation. Arc investigated Neo's eyes and his hand against the wall turned into a fist.

"I don't know who you are, but around here you respect your future alphas. So, get into this elevator and we will be going to lunch." Arc vocalized with a strict but aggressive undertone. Neo did not back down. He looked down at his phone before he looked back at the other two men. They were both standing there looking at Arc.

"Cut it out Arc. He does not want to come with us." Patrick spoke. He knew if he didn't calm the situation down, he would have to deal with an angry Arc. Arc growled loudly and glanced at Patrick before back at Neo. While Arc was distracted by Patrick, Neo slipped under Arc's arm and walked towards his dorm. Arc turned to the side and saw Neo walking away. That angered Arc more. Arc was about to walk towards Neo, but James grabbed his arm and pulled him into the elevator. Arc growled again and reluctantly stayed in the elevator.

Neo chuckled and mumbled, "I thought so." Unfortunately, it was not quite enough. Arc heard it, stopped the elevator doors from closing, and before the other two could stop it, Arc was walking angrily and quickly towards Neo. Neo closed the dorm door behind him and slipped his backpack onto his desk. He kicked off his shoes, but before he could get the second one off, he heard the front door open. He gasped loudly before he was grabbed by the collar of his shirt and slammed into the wall. Arc kept a strong grip on Neo's shirt while he kept him pinned against the wall.