Chapter Sixteen

"Yeah, I understand but I don't like handouts. The stuff you guys bought me was excessive. I love it all, but I feel guilty that you had to do that for me. Yeah, you didn't have to do that, but you did, and it just makes me feel like I need to pay you back. I have been trying to move into a different dorm for the last few weeks because of how Arc acted toward me when I told him no, and because we are in one of the most expensive dorms. I'm not rich like you three nor do I have people I can rely on. Before the school assigned me a room, I was just going to live at a hotel or something. It was like a thousand a month. Wasn't bad for the price. The only downfall to the place was that it was located about forty minutes from campus. Plus, I figured that three alphas did not want some rando with them."

Patrick listened to Neo, and he tried to hide the pity he felt for Neo. He got an idea but laughed it off. He ate a good portion of his meal while Neo slowly picked at the fruit bowl. Neo was lost in the thought of having to pay the school, but also his mind was replaying the interactions between him and Patrick. Neo was trying to figure out why after the kiss Patrick planted on his hand, he could not speak. The times they had before he was able to talk. He felt like a lost puppy. He soon came out of the trance when he heard Patrick calling out for him.

"Oh? Huh? Sorry, I was thinking. What were you saying?"

"This is a funny thought, but if I paid for your housing would you like to transfer into my bedroom and James goes and lives with Arc? You tend to hide from your room anyways. I don't want to force you to do anything you don't want to, but I want you to be comfortable in your dorm."

"That would set Arc off though. It's okay Patrick. I will try to stay in my room. Plus, you are a door away so." Neo stiffened up when he said that. He did not mean it like that. He started to panic and tried to stand up, but he pressed his wounded arm into the booth, and he let out a painful groan. He bypassed the pain and stood up. Patrick had a soft smile on his face while he stood up as well and grabbed his plates. He followed the worried Neo to the plate drop off and then soon walked out of the dining hall. He walked next to Neo.

"I didn't mean it like that... I just meant that if we wanted to chill or something you are only a door away."

"Ha-ha Neo, I know what you mean. Plus, I like what you said no matter what way it was supposed to be taken. Let me call my doctor so he can come to the dorm and look at your arm." The rest of the walk was silent except for the phone call that Patrick had. Once back at the dorm, they found out that Arc left a note saying he will be back later because he had to travel home. James was his desk humming to his music while he did schoolwork. Patrick and Neo decide just to chill on Neo's side of the dorm, so they do not disturb James. Neo sat at his desk and went onto his computer while waiting for the doctor. Neo was nervous. What if the doctor is mean? What if the doctor decided to hurt Neo more than he already is? Many possibilities were going through Neo's head that he failed to realize that Patrick was standing behind him giving Neo a neck massage. Neo soon came out of another trance and looked up at Patrick.

Yet again, Neo couldn't speak. Patrick bent down and planted a very soft kiss on Neo's forehead. Neo's eyes closed while the kiss was planted on his forehead. He spun around to look at Patrick. Patrick bent back down but this time placed his index finger and thumb under Neo's chin, lifting it up and decided to kiss Neo softly on the lips.

It wasn't a hard kiss. It wasn't a sexual kiss. It was just a soft kiss. Patrick pulled away about ten seconds later once he heard knocks on the front door. He walked over to the door letting Neo render what just happened. He was speechless. He kissed back but that reaction shocked him as well. His body fell mute again. Each time he looked at Patrick his face went red, his chest would tighten, and his mind would race. He knew this meant that he might have a crush on Patrick, but he was not going to let it get more than that.