Chapter Thirty-Six. *

I groaned loudly as I heard my phone vibrate under my pillow. Pulling it out from under, I accept the call.

"Good afternoon, Neo."

Doctor... "Hello doctor," I say clenching my jaw. Sliding out from under Arc's blanket, I climb down the ladder listening to the bullshit that is being released from this man's mouth. I walk into the bathroom, place my phone down on speaker and I start my morning routine.

"I hear you sir, but you promised that today and tomorrow are my days off for December."

"I know I told you that Neo, but Three, Four, Six, and Nine all called out and you know Three and Four's clientele. I know I oversee your accounts, but I will hand you two thousand per client you work with for the night."

"You're not going to allow me to say no, are you?"

Hearing a laugh over the phone, I bend down and rinse my face off. I hate looking in the mirror. Bags under my eyes face pale from exhaustion, lifeless eyes, unkempt hair, small shoulders, short, thin neck, bony cheeks, bony chest, nothing flattering. Maybe today is the day I drop dead.

"Look I will come in for the night, but if you call me tomorrow or the following day, I will turn my phone off."

"That's the spirit. Be here by four. Three had a client coming in at five." I hang up the phone without saying goodbye and I get dressed. While I was getting dressed, I made sure to hydrate. Water was my best friend. After changing and cleaning up the dorm, I did not know what to do. It was only noon and I had four more hours to myself before having to deal with food, alcohol, drugs, men, and loud music. I cannot lie, I am thankful I have been able to obtain a job, but the job I wanted was downstairs, not upstairs.

I knew my foster mother never wanted me in the house due to me being human... Human... Humans are not bad, just like how wolves are not bad. A select few are. I grew up thinking I was a late wolf bloomer, but once the blood test came back when I was twelve It changed everything. My foster father was always so kind to me because why wouldn't he? I was a child. I was too innocent for this world. My foster mother started by verbally hurting me. Calling me names, refusing to acknowledge me, and eventually led to physical attacks. Mainly being pushed around or sometimes she would lock me in a closet for a few days. My foster father told me the closet was necessary due to the ruts or heats the others in the house would have. He wanted me safe. He was my safety.

I used to say whatever was on my mind. I used to be such a happy boy. That ended very quickly. I don't remember much of my childhood, but I do remember the last few years living in the foster home. It was always gloomy, especially once we all learned that our foster father had cancer. It took him quickly, thankfully, so he didn't have to suffer. After his death, it got rough. My foster mother took me to court saying I lied about being a wolf and caused her pain, suffering, and stealing. With me being young, and this Americanized court system... I lost. Fifty thousand dollars I owe her. That is when she introduced me to the doctor. He was so sweet at first. Offering me a job and helping me pay for my first year of college so I did not have to pull out loans. With me being so young and confused, I signed a two-year contract with him. With it being December, I had just a few more months left of this contract.

I thought the contract was simple. I worked at his restaurant while I was in school. I was wrong. He had almost complete control over me. He controlled my schedule, my clients, my school schedule, my money, my car, the clothes on my back, everything. He promised me that he would never interfere with my life outside of work, but I guess since Arc's father helped me get a week off, I called off, and I argued back with him. I "forgot my place" as he said. He shut me down quickly.

The first day back at work I was forced to handle parties that were deemed black parties. Anything and everything allowed. I tend to run green, yellow, and red parties, but I was very uncomfortable being surrounded by orgys, crack being sent around, naked people walking and doing god knows what, but there I was standing by the door with my iPad, ready to serve them.