Chapter Two

He swiped his student card and entered the dining hall. He was shocked to see how big the dining hall was. He decided to walk around before he decided on what he wanted. There was a salad bar, sandwich bar, pizza bar, and an all-day breakfast bar. There was also a grill area where he could get hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and fries. There was a treat bar that had cookies, cakes, candy, and cereal. He was confused as to why there was cereal at the treat bar, but he did not question it. He decided on a chicken sandwich and fries. He walked around with his plate before he found a booth. While he was eating, he could not help himself but overhear the group of girls who at in the booth in front of him.

"So, you are saying that they will be in our classes?" One girl said while she munched on a cup of fruit.

"Yeah, since Tiff works in the acceptance office, she sees every name that gets accepted. She saw their names and confirmed it. The three soon-to-be alphas are going to be on campus and in our classes." Another girl said.

"What if one of us is their mate? I know there is a slim chance, but it could still happen y'all." The fruit cup girl said.

They all laughed, and the long black-haired girl spoke "I mean it doesn't hurt to hope. Being the next Luna would be amazing. I could tell more people what to do and establish more rules within the tribe."

"Yall, it's almost eight. We should head back to the dorm and hope we see them Wednesday when we start classes." They all agree and leave. Neo was puzzled. He knew about the tribes around here, but he never went beyond that. He finished his meal and brought the plate to the dishwashing section. After he handed his plate to the worker, he walked out of the dining hall and wandered back to his dorm.

Once he was back in his dorm, he decided it was time to shower and relax in bed. He walked over to his closet and grabbed his pajamas. He decided on blue sweatpants and headed to the bathroom. He has not seen his roommate and he has not seen his partnering neighbors. He stepped inside and stopped for a moment as he saw two males in front of him. They looked over at Neo and both smiled.

"Oh, Hello. My name is James. This is Patrick. We are your neighbors."

"Hello," The other male next to James said.

"Hello. My name is Neo." He said as he walked over to the sliding glass door shower. He slid the door and started the water. The other two males looked at one another and then back toward Neo.

"Have you met your roommate yet?" Patrick asked.

"No. His stuff is here, but no sight of him."

James chuckled and smiled "Typical Arc."

"Arc?" Neo said while he stepped into the shower. He tossed his clothes over the door and began to shower. The other two boys walked to their room and closed their bathroom door. Neo allowed the water to flow over him. He loved the feeling of water against his skin. He took his time showering as he had a very complicated day. After he showered and dried himself off, he slipped on his pajamas and brought his dirty clothes with him to his room. As he closed the bathroom door behind him, he saw his roommate. He looked back towards his side of the dorm, and he walked over to his closet. He tossed his dirty clothes into the hamper and climbed into his bed. He turned off his bed light, wrapped himself in his blanket, and went on his phone.

He looked up from his phone for a moment and was startled when he saw his roommate leaning against his closet and looking up at Neo.

"' Bout time you looked up. My name is Arc."

"Oh, Hi. I am Neo."

"Have you met James and Patrick?" Neo nodded and leaned up in his bed. Arc furred his eyebrows some as he looked at Neo.

"What tribe are you with?" Neo started to panic internally. He was not connected to a tribe.

"Uhhhh... I am not connected with a Tribe."

"So, you're a rouge? You couldn't be because Universities don't allow that."

"My foster parents were connected to the Lotus tribe, but due to their laws, I was not able to join."

Arc chuckled while he shook his head. He walked away and went back to placing his laundry inside his closet. Arc went silent for a moment before he continued to speak.

"So, what classes do you have? I am in COL one hundred, FIT two hundred, FIT three hundred, PACK one twenty, and there is another one, but I cannot remember it."

"Oh, I have COL one hundred, FIT two hundred, PACK one thirty, HIST one twelve, and HIST two twenty," Neo said as he leaned over to the top of his closet and grabbed his water. Arc continued to put his laundry away when there was a knock on their bathroom door. James and Patrick appeared once the door was opened.

"Hey Arc, about time you showed up. I thought I heard your voice. Kappa Alpha Kappa sorority is having a party tonight, want to join?" James said while he walked over and examined Arc's décor and the mess he had created. Arc smiled and nodded. Neo laid back down and went back to his phone. He wanted to appear busy so they would not ask him to go.

Arc walked over to the door and slipped on his shoes. Patrick was leaning against the bathroom door waiting for Arc to finish. He looked over to Neo and smiled. He walked over and put both of his feet onto the first bar of the ladder and lifted himself so he could look at Neo. Neo moved his phone and leaned back up. He looked to the side and his eyes met Patrick's. He felt his face grow hot and he quickly went back to his phone.

"Do you want to join Neo? You might meet a lucky lady." Patrick smirked.

"No, I am okay. I am tired." Neo said while he looked down at his phone. He wanted to read.

"Okay, I asked. You two ready?" Patrick jumped down and walked back to the others.

"Maybe we will find the Lunas of our packs?" James said. There was a pause in the conversation before they all three laughed.

"I would rather be Luna-less than have to be with some std-filled girl," Arc said as he grabbed his keys.

"Well, you know our fathers will be upset if we don't find someone soon. As the soon-to-be alphas, we need someone" James said as he opened the dorm door.

Patrick chuckled again; "I mean we could always marry one another." All three men started to laugh as they closed the door behind them. Neo was alone in the dorm, under the covers, and with his book. He felt happy. He enjoyed the silence, yet the words soon to be alphas rang in his mind. Were the girls right at dinner about the three soon-to-be alphas were at this university? Did I get partnered with them?