Chapter Eight

The whole day was relaxing for Neo before he had to get ready for work. While getting ready Arc walked into the dorm and looked at Neo. He walked closer to Neo to communicate with him, but Neo turned away while he slid his shoes on. He had to go to the bank before work to cash in his tips. He knew his foster mom would start to question why she had not received her payment yet.

He groaned before he walked out and went to work. He did not want to go, but he needed to. He wanted to just go back home and sleep. He got off before two am and decided to go to the bank before going home. Once he arrived home, he decided to shower and rest before he had to get up for class.

He heard his alarm go off and groaned loudly.

"Damn bro, I am up too now." He heard Arc say in a very raspy deep voice. Neo frowned realizing he woke Arc up. He slipped down his ladder and walked to his closet.

"Sorry Arc. I did not realize how loud I was."

"Nah You are okay. I need to go to the gym anyway. What time is it?"

"Uhh... seven forty-five."

"Damn. I have never been up this early." Arc chuckles before he stripped down to nothing but a towel. He walked over to the bathroom door before looking at Neo. He walked over to Neo who was grabbing his backpack and stood behind him. Neo turned around and looked up at Arc. His body was covered in fear. Their eyes met and Arc felt different. He knew when another wolf looked into an alpha eye, it was to challenge them, yet Neo's eyes made him weak.

Neo was confused. He was scared, angry, and confused. As he looked into Arc's eyes, he felt weightless. He felt the fear disappear. Arc moved his hands under Neo's hands and kissed the top portion of his hand. He chuckled before walking back to the bathroom. Neo stood there silently before he quickly left the dormitory. He was confused. First, the way he felt with Patrick, and now that feeling grew for Arc. Arc? What is that man up to? One minute he chokes me, the next the look he gives me. I so can't wait to change rooms. He groaned again as his headache grew. He forgot to eat yesterday and did not have time to eat before class.

Once class started the teacher announced that she would be calling students up one by one to do their introductions. He knew with his last name that he would be one of the last ones.

"Hi, my name is James. My last name is Augustine. I am twenty-two years old. Born on February tenth. I have two brothers. Adam who is sixteen, and Tyler who is seventeen. I am the future alpha of the Moonstone Tribe. My favorite food is chicken tenders. My favorite house theme is the Mid-Century Modern vibe. My favorite item is my Range Rover SV. My favorite animal is the panda, and I came here to pursue a business degree."

The class applauded him, and he sat down. A few others went and then Neo saw Arc stand up. He walked to the front of the class.

"Hi, my name is Arc. My last name is Kensington. I am Twenty-three. I was born on August 5. I have two sisters. Scarlett is nineteen and Veronica is sixteen. I am the future alpha of the Moon Howlers. My favorite food is chicken alfredo. My favorite house theme is black wood with auburn accents. My favorite item is my Black Label L Lincoln. My favorite animal is a bunny, but only the white ones. I came here to pursue a political science degree."

Neo listened to others introduce themselves and he frowned realizing that many people in his class had very happy families or families in general. He saw Patrick stand up and walk to the front of the class.

"Hello, my name is Patrick. My last name is Prescott. I am twenty-three. I was born on June twenty-ninth. I have a sister named Eden who is sixteen. I also have a younger brother Alaric who is fourteen. I am the soon-to-be alpha of the Frostfire Society. I enjoy very simple hamburgers and my favorite theme is Dark green forest vibes. My favorite item is my BMW Alpina XB7 which has diamond-based surround sound. My favorite animal is the red fox, and I am here for business."

It was time for Neo to go up there. He sighed to himself and walked up to the front. He looked around before he looked back down at his notecard.

"Hello, my name is Neo. My last name is Willard. I am nineteen. I was born on September sixteenth. I uh... I do not have siblings. My parents passed away when I was seven, so I was placed into foster care. My foster care family tried to have me join their tribe, but due to their rules, I was not allowed. Uh... my favorite food is almond granola yogurt; the theme is dark forest and dark purple. My favorite item I own is my Apple laptop. My favorite animal is the sea turtle, and I am here for history."

He nodded when people clapped, and he walked back to his seat. Two other students went after him and soon class was dismissed. He gathered his items and walked to his next class.

While he was in class the boys decided to go on a walk. They decided to walk into the woods and travel on a trail. They enjoyed the peace. They decided it was time to go eat lunch. They decided to go to the athlete's dining hall since they wanted more protein than fat.

Once class ended, Neo went back to the dorm and relaxed. He put earphones in and continued his schoolwork. He saw his phone ring and answered it. He groaned loudly as he was called into work. It was only three pm and he would probably have to close. He stood up and slammed his computer closed and started to get dressed for work. His phone dinged and he saw Patrick texted him.

Patrick: Hey. Do you want to go out to dinner tonight? We are all going to the new Italian restaurant that opened last week. James got us a table.

Neo: I would love to, but I got called into work. I must go in asap.

Patrick: When is your next day off? We all want to pull you from school and talk to you like a person.

Neo: It's okay. I am very busy normally. Plus, like you three promised me. You will leave me alone.

Patrick: What if I lied about leaving you alone?

Neo: Then I would be very upset.

Neo did not reply afterward to Patrick. He just went to work. Once he came home, he opened the door to find the three boys working on fixing Arc's bed. He looked at them and then kept walking over to his side. He grabbed pajamas and went to the bathroom. He showered and did not realize he washed himself with Patrick's body wash. Neo smelt the air and smiled at the scent. He dried himself and walked back into his dorm only in his boxers. the pants he grabbed were not the correct ones. He stood behind his desk getting his desk ready for him to continue schoolwork. He placed his water, phone, and earphones down. He felt like he was being watched and he looked to his left. Arc and Patrick looked at him like he was their prey.

"Can I help you?"

"You're so... skinny," Arc said without thinking. Neo looked down and quickly grabbed a T-shirt and slipped it on. He went back to his desk to continue his original task. Asshole.

"Okay? At least I am not an asshole." Neo scoffed before turning on his computer. Arc growled loudly before turning away and going back to work on his bed. They were trying to raise the bed as high as it could go. Neo growled back. Arc looked at Patrick while he sucked on his top teeth. Patrick placed his hand on Arc's shoulder shaking his head. Arc made a fist before he sighed and tried to calm down.

"Neo that was not a nice thing to say."

"Neither was the comment about my body."

"I bet he meant nothing bad about it."

"I don't care. He is an ass, and he is your friend. Making you an ass as well."

"Neo!" Patrick said trying to calm down the situation. Neo looked over with a hostile glare while he clenched his jaw. He was in no mood trying to be nice to those who were making a lot of noise close to three am.