Chapter Five

Neo and Patrick walked in silence as they walked to Neo's car. Once they reached the car, Neo unlocked the car and got into the driver's seat. Patrick followed suit and got into the passenger seat. Neo drove off after he heard Patrick buckle. The car ride was silent for the longest time. The only noise that was heard was from Neo when he coughed. Each time Neo coughed Patrick looked over at him. He could tell that Neo was in pain. Patrick looked down and then he placed his hand on Neo's thigh. Neo was startled and looked over at him when they reached a red light.

"I texted my doctor asking about throat medicine. He sent some over to the pharmacist for me to give you. He also sent me some over-the-counter remedies for the bruise and the pain. I can't restate how sorry I am about your neck Neo. I did not even know he choked you."

Neo went to talk but all he could do was cough. He grabbed his water and sipped on it. He took a deep breath before he spoke; "It is okay Patrick. Like he said, I should not disrespect an alpha." He coughed again and started to drive. Patrick frowned at Neo's response and faced forward. He looked over at Neo who had placed his free hand on top of Patrick's. He smiled for a moment before looking forward again.

Once they reached the store, Neo parked, and they walked inside. Neo pulled out a cart and started to walk around. Neo walked slowly so that if Patrick needed anything he could get it. Neo walked over to the medicine area and grabbed cough drops, NightQuil, and Benadryl. He looked over at Patrick who had also grabbed the same three items, but also cough drop lollipops, bruise cream, melatonin gummies, protein snacks, band-aids, and lotion. He smiled at Neo before he walked over to the pharmacist. After talking to the pharmacist for a moment, he walked back over with a small brown bag that was stapled and placed in the child's sitting area of the cart. Patrick then walked over to the sexual needs aisle and grabbed condoms, plan B, and some other items he needed. Neo's face went red as he watched what Patrick placed in the cart. Patrick pushed the cart while he allowed Neo to take them where he needed to. He walked over to the stationary and grabbed another notebook, another pen set, and printer paper. He placed them into the cart and looked at Patrick.

"Do you need anything else Patrick?" Neo said quietly.

"Um... Yes, I do. Do you know where the towels are?" Neo nodded and walked Patrick over to them. While Patrick looked at towels, Neo was distracted by the new collection of fruit-themed bedroom décor the store had. He picked up the blanket, but then shook his head and placed it down. He leaned against the shopping cart until Patrick made his decision on towels. Patrick took note of the fruit blanket.

"I did not know it could take someone twenty minutes to pick out a set of towels," Neo said while chuckling.

Patrick was shocked by what Neo said and chuckled back. "Well, I want to make sure my ass has the softest option." Patrick walked past Neo grabbed the blanket and placed it into the cart smiling.

"I am now ready. Are you?" He looked at Neo, who was looking down at his phone.

"Yes sir."

"Sir? You don't need to be so formal with me, but with it coming out of your pretty mouth, I like it." Patrick teased as he watched Neo's reaction. Neo froze in place as he heard his pretty mouth. He erased his thoughts because he knew Patrick was just trying to be nice. Neo looked up and nodded.

"Do you want me to call you sir? You are an alpha." Neo said as he walked next to Patrick who was pushing the shopping cart. Patrick laughed again and placed his hand on top of Neo's head. Patrick wanted to say no, but there was something about the way Neo said 'sir'. Maybe it was the slight transatlantic accent Neo had, or maybe it was the innocence in his voice, that Patrick could not figure out. He knew there was something special about Neo. He dragged his fingers through Neo's hair before placing his hand on Neo's upper back. He felt Neo's back stiffen from the touch.