Chapter Twenty-Six

The rest of the week Neo was either at work or the library. His classes were getting harder due to the break coming up in a few days. Papers and presentations all due Sunday. He finished three of the papers for the week, he was finishing the last one when he heard a knock on the library study room door.

"Come in?" Neo said as he watched the door open to reveal Patrick and Arc. They closed the door behind them, and they sat across the table. Neo watched them before he looked back down at his computer continuing his work. It was three pm and he knew he needed to be back at the dorm no later than four thirty for work. He looked back up at the other two.

"Have you eaten yet Neo?"

Lie. "Yes."

"Oh, what did you have?"

Lie better. "I went to the bakery on campus, and I got a muffin."

"The bakery is closed on Fridays."

Fuck... Lie again. "No. I got a muffin. See" Neo went into his backpack and pulled out the wrapper the bakery uses for the muffins and placed it on the table. The other two boys nodded before they both leaned back in their chairs. Neo took the wrapper back and placed it into his bag. He looked back down at his computer.

Why are they just staring at me. What is happening. He sighed as he tried to ignore the men in front of him.

"Call out of work." Patrick said in a voice was a low, guttural growl; the statement was given as a command.

"What? Why?" Neo said confused. They knew he always worked Fridays.

"Because we said so. We have not been able to hang with you all week, and we leave tomorrow to go home."

"I can't call out of work. I am sorry."

"Neo? Call. Out. Of. Work." Arc said with an authoritative harsh tone.

"No."

Arc slammed his hand down on the table and stood up. He walked over to Neo. Grabbed the arm rests of the chair, spun Neo, so Neo was now facing him. Arc was mad. He did not like being told no. Arc leaned forward to where his face was inches from Neos. Neo was terrified. He felt his throat closing. His eyes started to fill with tears. Arc let out a low baritone growl before he spoke again.

"Call out of work or we will call out for you."

Calm down. Breathe in and out. Neo went to open his mouth to speak, but the only noise that came out was a soft squeak. He looked down. He could not control his breathing. He felt like he was about to panic. He was seconds from crying.

"I al-always work Fri-"

"Neo" Patrick said growling. He stood up and looked at the two men. He walked over, crouched down, and placed his hand onto Neos arm.

"Listen to us please. We want to take you out before we all have to go home for the week. Arc is on edge, so don't focus on him. Focus on me." Patrick said smirking. He tried his hardest to sound calming, but the truth is they were both pissed. Neo was not answering their messages, talking to them, and when Neo was at the dorm, he ignored them. Patrick rubbed Neo's arm in a calming matter while Arc looked at Neo with no emotion in his eyes. He was frustrated not only at Neo, but the fact he had to go home.

"Its too la-late to call out fo-for work."

"Neo. I am going to give you three minutes to figure out what you are going to tell your job. You are going out with Patrick and I tonight. I do not care." Arc leaned closer before he forcefully grabbed Neo's chin and made him look at him. Neo's eyes went wide as he realized Arcs eyes were no longer a beautiful hazel color. They were black. Neo started to shake before tears started to fall. Arc watched as Neo started to cry. He released Neo's chin before he leaned back up. Neo moved his hands from the arm rests to his face to wipe the tears that would not stop. Patrick stood up too and followed Arc to the door.

"Three fucking minuets Neo. I am not fucking playing." Arc slammed the door behind him. Neo sat there silently crying before he pulled his phone out and called Seven. He let Seven know something came up and he could not get to work. Seven asked what was wrong, but Neo could not say. He hung up and packed up his schoolwork. He stood up wiped his eyes with his sleeves before he opened the door. Arc and Patrick stood there with their arms crossed. Neo walked out of the room and started to walk away. He stopped moving once he heard Arc growl. Arc placed his hand on Neo's back before they continued to walk. They walked in silence while they headed to the dorm. James was already gone. Neo could not stop crying silently. Every few minutes he would wipe his eyes with his sleeve. Once they were inside the dorm, Arc slammed the door hard shaking the walls. Neo jumped and quickly ran over to his side of the dorm. He sat his bag down before he slipped his shoes off.

He heard Arc walk up behind him and felt a hand on his shoulder. He could not stop shaking. I didn't do anything... Please don't hurt me... Neo let out a loud whimper before he was turned around and forced to look at Arc in his eyes.

"Change into something comfy. We are going out in twenty minutes."

Arc let Neo go before he walked into the bathroom and went over to Patrick, slamming each door behind him. Neo fell to his knees before he started to hysterically cry. He crawled under his bed and closed the curtain. He did not know why the two men changed their emotions towards Neo, but he understood it was his fault. Neo stayed under his bed before he heard the bathroom door open. He was curled up in his beanbag chair with a king size blanket covering him. He tried to hide from the world. He was still crying, sniffling, and he started to breathe heavily has he could not breathe. He heard the bathroom door slam close, and it caused him to jump. He tightened his grip on the blanket, while he moved the hood of his hoodie to hide his face more under the blanket. He moved his head to the left, burying it into the bean bag. His hoodie covered the rest of his head. His knees were to his chest and his arms were wrapped around his waist. The blanket wrapped around his whole body and around the bean bag. He tried his hardest to disappear.

Arc is going to hurt me. I didn't listen to him. I can't do this. I can't breathe. I can't feel my body. What did I do...

"Neo?" Patrick called out with a calming voice. Neo did not trust it. Patrick walked around before he got onto his knees and walked under Neo's bed. He closed the curtain behind him before he looked over at the beanbag. He knew Neo was under the covers. He knew Neo was trying to hide. He let out a throatful growl and watched Neo curl up more under the covers. Patrick walked closer, before he went to touch the blanket.

"Neo?"

"P...please do...don't hurt me" Neo said almost in a whisper. Patrick shook his head before he went to move the blanket. Neo did not fight. He allowed the blanket to be slipped off. He stayed in his position though. He was close to passing out from the panic that was filling inside him. He felt his chest twitch while it tried to obtain oxygen. Neo felt his eyes get heavy and everything went black.