Chapter 34

James
I aggressively grab the steering wheel as I drive to the address Samantha sent me. I've tried calling Mercedes nearly thirty times and I've driven around town like a maniac trying to find her.

"You have arrived at your destination," the GPS says as I stop in front of an old warehouse. I walk towards the door. When I'm close enough I knock and Samantha opens the door wearing a blue tracksuit. "No formal attire today?" I ask as I enter. "I'm surprised you came. I assumed you'd ignore me again," she says as she leads my to what seems to be a tiny office. "What do you want?" I ask impatiently.

"Straight to the point. I like that. I want everything you have James," she says as she folds her arms. I stare at her blankly for a moment then realise she's serious. "You're fucking crazy," I say and laugh before turning around and walking out.

"I thought I could take you down by coming close to you through the things you loved the most. I went into your house and observed how your family functions. I read that awful book of yours multiple times and studied your business structure. But being so close to you made me realise that none of those things are actually important to you. Cause as soon as Mercedes came into your life you neglected both your family and businesses," she says.
"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about," I say in a stern voice.

"Your reaction proves my point exactly. There is nothing you wouldn't do for that girl. And your little stunt yesterday confirmed it," she said and my heart dropped in disbelief. How did she know. "You see James, you letting me come so close to you has ultimately helped me figure her every move out. I know where she lives, what car she drives, her favourite restaurant and even her favourite order. And she's being followed as we speak. And my men won't hesitate to put a bullet through her head if I say so," she says and two men in black walk into the room. One stands behind her and the other behind me.

"What do you want," I ask and she smirks. "I want you to sign over thirty percent of your company to me, which will make me majority shareholder. I'll be doing this through a business account to make it look as legit as possible. I'll send the money to the companies accounts and you'll make sure to pay it back to me personally along with some interest," she says nonchalantly. "That would make you majority shareholder. Why would I do something so stupid," I say and she smiles. "Because your girlfriend's life depends on it. I won't do anything to your company, I'll just cash all the big boss money coming in every month," she says with a cocky smile on her face.

"I need to have my lawyers review the contract. It's just a standard procedure that applies to everyone," I say picking up the paper and she stops me. "It doesn't matter how many times you look at this paper and how many intelligent bastards read through it, you will make sure I have 30 percent of the company or Mercedes dies," she says looking me in the eye. I look at her for a moment then walk out of the building.

As I get into the car I receive pictures of Mercedes walking out of a restaurant with Andrea from an unknown number followed with a text. 'Tick tock' the texts reads making me ball my fists in anger.

I nearly rip the paper until I realise that I could use this situation to my advantage. I could stay and entertain Samantha along with all the other problems I have or I could move with her until I have things figured out. Everything seems to be happening at once and I need to make a plan. With Mercedes' life being in danger and Cathy not wanting anything ti do with me, maybe leaving isn't the worst idea. It would be ideal for everyone including me. McKenzie is fully capable of running the business on my behalf too.

I try to call Mercedes to let her know but she does not pick up. I throw my phone on the passenger seat before starting the car and beginning to drive.