Chapter 9

Mercedes

We sit in silence for a moment as Matthew stops in front of the apartment. "Thank you," I say as I turn to him. "Come here," he says as I lean in for a kiss. He slowly starts kissing me as he pulls me onto his lap. He cups my ass as he slides his tongue into my mouth. I pull out of the kiss as he lowers his seat.

"You wanna do this now? We're right in front of the apartment." I say as I look at him. He smirks then pulls me back in. "Come on Matt. What are we, 16?" I ask and he flexes his jaw like James does when he's mad. "Let's be sixteen. Let's fuck like our parents might walk in on us at any second," he says as a notification pops up on my phone. "You don't like the way we have sex?" I ask and he looks away. "That's not what I meant," he says and another notification pops up. "You've always been satisfied, why now?" I ask as my heart starts beating faster. 

As the notification sound doesn't stop, all I can think about is James. How we fucked on every surface in his house. His fast strokes in and out of me. How he could make me moan softly but fuck me till I shouted at the top of my lungs. His tight grip on my hips and how he tugged at my hair. 

"Merc. Babe?" Matthew says as I snap out of my day dream. "Are you okay, you're breathing so fast. We don't have to do this," he says as he puts his hands on my shoulders. I try to answer him ut nothing comes out of my mouth. "We can go inside," he says again as he looks into my eyes.

I can't be stuck in the past anymore.

I go in for a kiss as I push him back in his chair. He slips his hand under my shirt as I unbutton his shirt. He lifts his hips slightly as I take down his pants. "Are you sure?" he asks as I lift up my skirt. "Yes," I respond before collapsing onto him as he thrusts into me. I moan as he picks up the pace. "Oh shit," he says as somebody walks to te front door. "Fuck them. they'll come back tomorrow," I say as I turn his head back to look at me. 

"See what I mean?" he says as he looks back at me. He groans as I start kissing him. I move my hips in circles as I lean back. He sucks on my nipple and plays with the other as I feel my climax approaching. "Fuck Matthew," I moan as he thrusts into me. My legs start to shake. I twitch as my orgasm hits. I softly fall onto his chest as he kisses my forehead.

James

"I see you put the money back into the account," Cathy says as she sets the table. "Yes," I respond. "Where did you get it," she asks looking me in the eye. I look up to her then back to my laptop. "From my bank account Cath," I say and she sits down. "Then why did you take it out of LJ's bank account if you had it," she asks sounding slightly irritated.

"I bought LJ ten percent of the company. It's very little but it's all I could afford for now," I say and her face drops. "Oh. Why didn't you just say so," she responds softly. "Because you didn't let me explain Cath. You always jump to conclusions," I say and she looks down. "I'm sorry James but I just want what's best for LJ," she says remorsefully. 

"You think I don't? I'm his father Cath, I want nothing but the best for him. I would never do anything to put him a challenging position," I say.

"You've said that so many times but yet you've put me in unthinkable situations. How do I know this time it's different?" she says and her voice cracks mid sentence. "You don't. You just need to trust me Cathy," I say in a low voice then stand up.

Mercedes

As I walk out of the bathroom sit on the bed. As my mac switches on I check the notifications on my phone. I'm surprised that none of them are from James. My heart drops a little when I see the picture of James and his family on my timeline. 

As I go through my emails, my eyes land on the one from headquarters again. I roll my eyes when I see that I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow. When I go through the list of people that are invited to this meeting I spot James' name. 

"Why so serious," Matthew says in a deep voice before sitting on the bed next to me. "I have a meeting at seven tomorrow morning," I say with a sigh. "Good luck getting out of bed that early," he says with a chuckle. I roll my eyes then cuddle with him as he switches the television on.