Volume 2 : Epilogue

Horikita Suzune POV

Sudou-kun and I arrived at the student council room 10 minutes before the court began. Tachibana-san was the only other person there. I saw no sign of other students, or my older brother.

Sudou : "Oh jeez, I'm so nervous. How about you, Horikita?"

Suzune : "I feel the same as ever."

This case would be settled today.

If this strategy failed though, it would likely devolve into a verbal battle where we hurled abuse at each other. In the end, the result would certainly be worse than the compromise that had been proposed at the previous hearing. Sudou-kun would hate me then. Well, he'd be barking up the wrong tree. Still, I would have to acknowledge his complaints, because the appeal to the council was my responsibility.

Alternatively, I supposed that if Sudou-kun himself wished it, there was the possibility of meeting them halfway. They'd probably want to shorten his suspension as much as possible. If we made that the focal point of our discussion, we might be able to arrange for Sudou-kun's sentence to be lightened as well.

Reconciliation was another name for defeat. Still, if the person in question wished for it, I would have no choice.

A short time later, the student council room doors opened. My heart started pounding at double the speed. My older brother... My words stuck in my chest and would not come out.

Even though I should have understood it, I felt attacked. I was wracked with various symptoms such as trembling, nervousness, and dizziness. But I couldn't repeat yesterday's mistakes.

I turned my eyes from my brother. There were other opponents I should have been facing.

Sakagami : "Oh, my. I see that the girl from yesterday isn't here."

Next came the Class C teacher, Sakagami-sensei. Chabashira-sensei was with him.

Chabashira : "What happened to Ayanokouji, Horikita?"

Suzune : "She's not participating."

Chabashira : "Not participating?"

Chabashira-sensei turned to the vacant seat with a puzzled look. Then, she show her small grin as if she is interested what are we going to do this time

It was vague, but I had the gut feeling that what Chabashira-sensei was seeing the evidence of Ayanokouji-san's involvement.

Sakagami : "Well, even if she's not here, the results will be the same."

Yes, it will be more or less same like you said

Chabashira : "Well, whatever. It's up to you guys to decide."

Both teachers took their seats.

When that time came, how would the battle go? Well, that was simple. We would object to what the other side had to say. We would reiterate that the other side was lying, and then pierce through those lies before claiming that we were the ones telling the truth. That was it. Since that girl already planned something behind the scene

It would be the same for both sides. Through lies, we would arrive at the truth. This was a battle between truth and lies. We could bandy about ideas, but there could only be one solution.

Tachibana : "Well then, we would like to resume deliberations on this case, from where we left off yesterday. Please take your seat."

Tachibana-san urged the students from Class C to sit down. However, they didn't budge. Instead, they remained standing in front of Sakagami- sensei.