Volume 3 : Day 1; The Boundary Line Pt 2

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

We decided to collect branches in the vicinity so that we're not too distant from the base camp. In a place not too far away from the camp, the three of us spread out picking up branches.

Yamauchi : "Hey, look, Ayanokoji-chan. I want you to keep this a secret between you and me."

Yamauchi, holding a branch in his hand, approached me whispering into my ear. Wait, he didn't mean to confess right?

Yamauchi : "I...I am thinking of having my eyes on Sakura."

Kiyone : "Huh?"

Yamauchi : "Nah, isn't Kushida-chan on a higher level? Her communication skills are also superb. That's why I was thinking of giving up on that eminent target on this occasion. Compared to her, Sakura can't get used to guys at all as if she's bad with people on purpose. To be honest, I was thinking of going as far as I can go on this trip. Perhaps that girl will fall for a guy who's kind and caring. I will go after her until I get a kiss at least. No, really. It's okay if it's Sakura on this occasion. No – Sakura's good!"

Kiyone : "On this occasion... You haven't been involved even once with Sakura-san until now. It's quite unexpected."

Yamauchi : "Nah, look, I feel sorry for not seeing it earlier. She didn't catch my attention because she is plain, but she's really cute. Is she an idol? Her breasts are already at their finest. Even when she wears a jersey you can see them completely, it's very noticeable- Arrghh!!! My eyes! My eyes!"

He screamed after I give a poke on both of his eyes

Kiyone : "So, you just after her body right?"

Yamauchi : "No no! You are misunderstand it Ayanokoji-chan! I mean, look she is plain but compared to you she had an idol aura on her. Yeah something like there is different gap even for plain-looking girls between both of you. So- Aww!!! M-My head hurt!"

I knock his head without waiting him for finished his words

Kiyone : "Are you trying to using Sakura-san to insult me on purpose Yamauchi-kun?"

Yamauchi : "N-No way I thought like that! I mean who would've like to get involved in trouble with a girl with an eerie aura like you. That's why- Arrggghh!!! Stop it Ayanokoji-chan! I'm sorry!"

Kiyone : "Should I take your soul here for real?"

Yamauchi : "W-Wait, I'm sorry but at least listen to me. I'll get straight to the point this time!"

His reason for suddenly feeling like helping out was that, it seems. It looked like a backup measure after giving up on his favorite Kushida-san. I can't think of Sakura being pleased with that. I wished for an event to happen where Yamauchi would start liking Sakura-san for real not just because she is kinda an easy target to do.

Yamauchi : "Ahem! Summary I want you to help me. For instance, you could leave us to be alone from now."

Kiyone : "I'm not saying I'll help you with that. Your motive too much questionable in every aspect. Why should I help you?"

Yamauchi : "What? Come on Ayanokoji-chan! I swear I won't do something stupid. So please, let me had my moments with her. I won't ruin it!"

I don't mind cheering and helping out if necessary. But unlike Kushida-san, Sakura-san is not used to interacting with men in any case. It would be a different story if this was him just purely wanting to become friends with her, but I can't let her suddenly be alone with a guy who's after the opposite sex. If Yamauchi acts recklessly, there will be no chance with Sakura-san to overcome her trauma. I wonder should I tell what happened to her at that day? However I alongside with Hondou-kun already swear to her not to say anything about it.