Volume 3 : Epilogue

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

When I got inside the ship, I headed immediately back to my room. A tired Sakura was laying, sleeping in the room. I come to charge my phone in the room

When I turned on the mobile phone, the electronic tone repeatedly ringed and the incoming call history was filled up. For the time being I would just answer the emails and then I waited in the deck while taking a break.

She won't be satisfied unless I explained everything to her sooner or later. I waiting her while watching the beautiful sunset from quiet side on the deck of Speranza

Then a few minutes later, an angry Horikita joined me, we stared each other until she broke the silence.

Horikita : "What is the meaning of this? What on earth is going on?"

She didn't even do some greeting or any pleasantry huh?

Kiyone : "I though that you already guessed this more or less yet you got an expression like you do not have the slightest idea"

Horikita : "Yeah, I cannot comprehend it. No, I cannot comprehend it at all! There are a lot of things I want to ask you, you better tell me right now!"

I walk approaching her

Kiyone : "I'll tell you everything. However, the minimum condition is that you stay silent on this matter. I won't compromise otherwise. Do you understand, Horikita-san?"

I anticipated that it would come to this situation, since Horikita-san didn't want to retire on her own will. It was a story that should be kept secret or rather, Horikita-san would be the only suitable one to obtaining these information.

She nod her head

Kiyone : "Where do you want to begin with?"

Horikita : "What were you doing on this test? Tell me about it"

Kiyone : "Sure"

It was a much better question than I expected. In brief, she wanted to know everything at once.

Kiyone : "When this special examination was announced, I didn't pay attention to anything but the additional rules. How to manage 300 points was pretty much a simple task and not something that you could manipulate personally."

Horikita : "But the additional rules were very difficult to follow. Even if you followed them religiously, you still wouldn't be able to identify the leaders. Right?"

Kiyone : "Indeed. So first of all, I raised my hand and volunteered to search for a base camp. I planned to search spot by spot so I could get ahead of everyone else and have the freedom to act when needed."

Horikita : "To put it simply, so that no one else could have known the position of the spots"

Kiyone : "That's not the case. You didn't understand because you were feeling sick already, but the school already gave you clues about possible spots while the ship was still sailing"

Katsuragi was also aware of this, but when he told her that the ship was circling the island at an unnatural high-speed, Horikita silenced him. It was nearly three times faster than a usual cruise ship. Moreover, if it was just for sightseeing, it was quite unusual to talk about 'An important scenery' in the announcement.

At that time I didn't fully understand what I was looking at, but Koenji had already noticed that hint.

Well, it was a waste of time thinking about Koenji, now.

Kiyone : "When, I reached the cave I thought that it was the best base with the most important location"

Horikita : "The cave as the best base? Don't you think that rivers and water wells would have been more convenient, though?