Volume 5 : How does The Muds Taste?

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

The morning half of the sports festival ended with Class D in dire straits, and we entered the lunch break. There were those who had their lunch at the cafeteria, some who ate on the grounds, since we were notified that we could move about freely. Especially during the sports festival where a sense of solidarity could be strongly felt, regardless of whether you're a boy or a girl, there's plenty of opportunity to have lunch together with senior students. More so than usual. Unlike the usual, our classrooms are currently off limits and so the places where we could eat were limited.

If we're talking about the main charms of the sports festival, then lunch would be one of them. There's a huge mound of catered bento boxes piled up on the grounds. It appears today's lunch was not made at the school's cafeteria but rather luxury bentos ordered from the outside. There's only one variety but there's also the fact that it's free so most of the students will likely opt for it.

On the other hand, a portion of the students left the grounds without laying their hands on the bentos. One of them is Horikita. Perhaps my words finally reached her, since there's a high probability she's heading out to look for Sudou.

And Kushida is yet another one. Telling the girls she's close to that she's heading out to look for Sudou, she ran off.

Yamauchi : "Guah—I'm beat! Why do I have to do this?"

Ike : "Because you lost"

To avoid congestion, Yamauchi headed off to get everyone's portion after losing at rock-paper-scissors.

Ike : "I'm starving, let's hurry up and dig in"

Ike and Yamauchi weren't showing much interest towards the fact that Sudou had withdrawn. In the first place, they've been hanging out with Sudou ever since a while after enrollment, so they know his personality well.

Besides, in this case, even if he doesn't participate in the contests, he won't be hounded on the matter. At most, he'll only lose his private points. Of course, it'll be a loss for the Red Team, but subtract that and it may have been better to be rid of Sudou's tyranny.

Most of the girls have witnessed Hirata getting hit. As a result, Sudou's reputation, leaving aside the matter of if he had one to begin with, already plummeted and it's probably forfeit.

To see very little change despite losing the ace in this sports festival is also eerie, in a sense.

Hirata : "For now, let's just find someplace to eat"

Karuizawa : "Okay~"

Kiyone : *sigh* "Just...Why am I here for?"

As the three of us decided to move elsewhere

Then, occupying a suitable spot, we began having our lunch. We enjoyed our lunch for a while but eventually, people finished eating here and there and with that, Hirata and Karuizawa came over.

In a place like this where fellow classmates gather, it wouldn't be odd or unnatural for this trio including me to be formed.

Hirata : "As expected, it seems Ryuuen-kun's made his move"

Hirata cut in with that admist the ruckus. Karuizawa then opened her mouth and interjected as though she had been waiting for this.

Karuizawa : "So? Who's the traitor? You know right, Yosuke-kun?"

Karuizawa asked that but Hirata gently shook his head.

Kiyone : "There are several things I don't understand myself. I wonder if we could clear up those questions?"