Volume 4.5 : Classes Gathering Pt 2

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

Back to the volleyball match

I leave my glasses at Sakura's hand

Sudou : "Alright, leave it to me!"

Looking at the ball gently alighting, Sudou jumped to a great height. And with that marvelous jumping power and using his own body as a spring, he struck the ball. The ball, sharp as a bullet, then assaulted the enemy's position.

Ichinose eagerly snaps at it, but unlike on land, her movements in water were slow and she could not make it in time. There were no cheers rising up for him, but that power of his was equal to if not superior to that of Nagumo which I had seen just a while ago.

Sudou : "Yeah!"

Easily scoring like that, Sudou made a Guts pose. So this is what it means to be in one's own element. His ally, Horikita, also stared at Sudou's movements in admiration.

Ichinose : "Fufufu~ That was an amazing ball just now, you really got us there"

Picking up the ball floating on the water, Ichinose handed it back to Sudou. She expresses her admiration towards him.

Sudou : "Heh. Well, I guess a woman really can't return my attacks. I need to dial it down"

Ichinose : "Mumu~ Discriminating against women? I'll have you know even girls won't lose to boys"

Towards an aggressive statement like that, Ichinose replied like that while laughing without anger as she returned to her original position. It was a match that started with Class B's serve but already Sudou was showing off his accomplishments in leaps and bounds and we've already gained a 7 to 3 lead.

Ichinose : "Sudou-kun has a large defensive range and high attack power, we need to avoid his area as much as possible....."

Becoming more cautious of the Sudou who was pulling his team up, Kanzaki shoots back at the serve Yamauchi released.

Kanzaki : "Ichinose. Give me the ball to me, I've found our target!"

Ichinose : "Roger!"

Towards the ball that was falling on her own team's turf, Ichinose courteously raised it back up towards a more favorable position.

The one who leaped up in response to the falling ball was Shibata. Shibata attacks. The target destination of his attack is.....

Right in front of me? If this is not a coincidence then this would mean that they've determined that the biggest hole here is me.

Sudou : "Get it, Ayanokoji!"

As strict words like that came from Sudou, I took a step forward in the water. The speed of the ball itself was not in itself fast. It shouldn't be difficult to just touch it. I extended my hand. 

Bweh! A dull sound like that rang out.

Kiyone : "....Urg...S-Sorry..."

I did repel the ball, but it brilliantly spiralled out far away. I guess I need to adapted a bit more with the terrain

Shibata : "We did it!"

Ichinose : "Yay!"

On the other side, having seen this situation, Ichinose and Shibata exchanged a high-five like that.

Naturally Sudou intensely glares at me with a forceful fervor.

Sudou : "What the hell was that? That bad play just now! Focus! Focus!"

Kiyone : "....Sorry.....I'll do better next time..."

Sudou : "Honestly...Even if your angle is that messed up that's fine, but at least get the ball up in the air. Did you never played volleyball before?!"