Volume 4 : Epilogue

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

The ship sailing in the deep dark sea, seemed somewhat lonely.

But as the time approached 11 PM, the presence of people gradually increased. When I had noticed, the cafe I was planning on returning to had already shown a huge success and seats were rapidly being filled up one after the other. In front of me, who had secured four seats in advance, a girl approaches.

??? : "...Sorry for making you wait"

Someone come out from shadow. The girl who shyly came over was Karuizawa Kei. Something about her expression seemed to be different than usual.

Kiyone : "Sorry for calling you out this late"

Karizawa : "No, that's fine...".

Since I had nothing in particular to talk to her about, I simply stared at the scenery colored by silence. But since Karuizawa seemed to be staring at me, I turned to face her as well.

Karuizawa : "Ahh, umm...I was wondering if everything went alright"

She ask while grab the seat nearby and I decide to keep standing

Kiyone : "It's fine. One of the boys from Class A sent the mail to the school with my name on it"

I was able to say this because as insurance, there was one more thing I had besides swapping Karuizawa and Yukimura's phones. Since we had worked together with a predestination in mind to ensure we would be able to synergistically work together, there would be no worries on that front.

Karuizawa : "How can you say that for sure?"

Hirata : "Isn't that because the paper you gave me meant something, Ayanokouji-san?"

The existence that creeped up from behind me, surprised us enough to make Karuizawa flinched a little. It couldn't be helped, because that existence was the boy that Karuizawa had tried to break up with, Hirata.

Hirata : "Good work on the exam, both of you. Mind if I take a seat?"

Kiyone : "Sure"

Karuizawa shifted uncomfortably and looked away from Hirata who take a seat beside her, but did not show any signs of outright rejecting him. It is now 22:55. In 5 more minutes, a mail will be sent to all the students.

Hirata : "It's almost time. Is Horikita-san not coming yet? Shouldn't we contact her?"

Kiyone : "She's the type to always cut it close. We can afford to wait another four minutes"

Hirata : "Oh, it looks like she's here"

It seems at least in this case, Horikita has arrived faster than I had expected her to.

Kiyone : "Good work there, Horikita-san"

Horikita : *sigh* "Somehow I can't help but sigh"

Kiyone : "By the way, what's that behind you?"

Of course I know that he is Sudou. But what I wanted to know is why would he following us to joined this kind of discussion. Honestly, kinda unexpected. Its not suit him at all

Horikita : "If you pay any attention to him, you lose. Just think of him as a ghost riding my back and ignore him that way"

Sudou : "Don't say that, Horikita. I thought you would be anxious during the exam period and I got worried about you, that's why I called out to you like that"

I had not seen him around recently, but Sudou Ken stood beside Horikita almost as if he's stuck to her.

Horikita : "You're in my way, get lost"