Volume 4 : The Rabbit Group

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

In certain corridor

Sotomura : "Sorry to keep you waiting. Geppu, geppu~ If you eat three heavy meals for lunch you'd naturally be full. I thought of going on a diet but it seems like a failure"

Sotomura came up to me while rubbing his belly that had swollen up from all the food he'd eaten earlier. It conveyed a completely different image from someone who claimed to want to go on a diet. He came to the location me and Yukimura were waiting in front of

Yukimura : "It is troublesome that the exam has started, I've barely eaten"

Sotomura : "Is that a 'I'm currently unable to use my full strength' flag?"

Yukimura : "...I've been wanting to say it for a while now, but can't you cut it out with that weird way of speaking?"

Yukimura retorts to Sotomura.

Of course, from the perspective of someone who doesn't quite understand Sotomura, his words may seem almost like witchcraft. But you just have to get used to it, I guess. On the contrary, sometimes talking in an unusual manner like that can be interesting. But if I speak out now, I might incur Yukimura's wrath and so I let him continue on with his tirade.

Sotomura : "Pofu~ Did you not like my way of speech? What would suit you then, Yukimura-dono?"

Yukimura : "Just speak normally damn it"

Sotomura : "Ok, from this point onwards I'll be the weakest, strongest protagonist. I'll normally have no motivation to do anything but the truth is, I have a power capable of destroying the world worthy of naming me Cheat-kun. As is the current trend"

Yukimura, having given up on convincing Sotomura, simply starts walking ahead of us. Since we were slightly late, we started walking in a hurry towards our destination

Sotomura : "Ayanokoji-dono, there's something I wish to ask you, answer me"

He's speaking in a tone befitting a protagonist type character. 

Kiyone : "Umm....what would you like to ask?"

Sotomura : "I was wondering what your favorite type of dialect is? Since I'd surely be happy if there is a cute heroine were to speak in such dialect"

The way he said it itself sounded cool, but the content of the dialogue was always the same with him

Kiyone : "Hmm...there's no particular dialect I like"

Since I was born and raised in Tokyo, there's no way I would know about such dialects.

Sotomura : "Have you not yet had the chance to experience the dialect of 'moe'?" 

Just how many students in this school does he think possesses the attribute of such a dialect? I could just shut him off now but until we reach our designated meeting room I suppose I could kill some time by talking with him. 

Kiyone : "Then how about you? Do you have a favorite dialect?"

Sotomura : "Of course, I'll tell you via my own ranking system for dialects. In third place would have to be the Kansai dialect. It gives off a strict yet rough impression. Second place would be the dialect of the beauty in the snow, the Hokkaido dialect. The use of the dialect in the 2D world is also widespread so it's a surekill moe dialect."

I did say I wanted to kill time by talking with him, but none of this made any sense to me. But before I could reply in any manner, Sotomura started whistling a strange onomatopoeia sounding like 'dorurururururu'. 

Sotomura : ".....The number one in my dialect ranking would have to be the dialect that lolis to Onee-sans all use in a versatile manner, the Hakata dialect. It's said to be the ultimate dialect with a wide variety of slangs. These three dialects are my best 3"