Volume 4.5 : Fortune-Teller Pt 1

Ayanokoji Kiyone POV

Who the hell actually thought it was a good idea to go see a fortune-teller.

Kiyone : "I may have messed up..."

How could I arrived on this situation?

Lets recall what happened last night

================================================================================

Flashback

On my room, I was talking through phone with someone

Kushida : "Heh~ So it was indeed his sister all along. But still, that's quite daring for you and Sudou-kun to accepted his request. Why you just telling me this part after everything already done? Mou~"

Kiyone : "Because I'm wary that you will do something to get rid of me"

Kushida : "Should I use this chance for real to get you expelled? Fufufu~"

Kiyone : "You can try if you wanted. Beside, if this get revealed. You will goes against three people at once. Can you handle it?"

Kushida : "You surely said something funny for small fry isn't it, Aya-chan? Either Sudou-kun or you aren't even threat for me. But, crossing path with Katsuragi-kun would be different matters"

Kiyone : "Then if you though of me isn't worth as threat. Can we just stop playing this dirty game and act like normal classmate already?"

Kushida : "That won't do, just because you won't go against me doesn't mean that the others wouldn't used you to pull me down through you. Lets say, what will happened when Horikita-san using you to get me under her skin?"

Kiyone : "...."

Kushida : "See? As long as you knows. That's all about it."

I just wanted to have peaceful live here. How could everything ended up being more confusing?

Kushida : "Anyway, lets put aside this matters for now. I didn't called you this night to had this banter with you. What I wanted to know is, what do you think about this fortune-teller lately?"

She suddenly changing the subject?! That's quite absurd. If it were me, I would end the call immediately, then sleep. But she still wanted to talk to me, I don't see any merit for her to get my trust since she know it very well I would always wary with her. I just don't understand her

Kiyone : "I'm not very enthuasiatic about it and also I've never tried this so called fortune-telling. So I had no comment for that?"

Kushida : "Eh, don't you perhaps never going to shrine before? I mean, at least someone once for a while visiting a shrine during new years and get their fortune-slip, no?"

I got careless with my mouth

Kiyone : "Of course I did, however I never believe it at all. Can't you believe that whenever I go there, I always got bad fortune. Don't you think that kinda excessive to get that multiple times to the point that I started to stop believe it, since up until now I don't think I find myself on situation which caused me in such bad situation involved with my family fortune, my health, or anything else dangerous."

Kushida : "O-Oh..."

She seems lost at words

Kushida : "A-Anyway, I think a person with real power can be accurate. I mean our upperclassmen already testify this. That might be contains some kind of truth there"

Kiyone : "No. Only an esper or something can be that accurate Kushida-san. Beside, that's kinda unexpected from you. Things like predicting a person's future from their face, hands or date of birth. I don't believe in such unrealistic things."