Volume 4.5 : Epilogue

3rd Person POV

4 days before, at night....

It would concern the difference between genders but speaking as a man, where would their final goal lie? If you ask for the opinions of men around the world, there you will probably see the true purpose of a man's life emerging. In other words, to be intertwined with a loved one, leave behind offspring and deliver them to the next generation. 

That conclusion should be made. In recent years, though, it has been overflowing with various entertainment. Starting from amusement parks and movies then to social games and virtual games. Entertainment meant to allow a person to have fun has been progressing rapidly.

But looking at it from the long history of humanity, this is still very shallow. The prosperity of one's offspring is an act that almost all living creatures have conducted since ancient times. However, for boys who had just risen up to high school, they could not aim for something like the prosperity of their offspring. They would just aim for the pleasure and sexual gratification that's in front of them.

Ike : "...now, I'd like to conduct a strategic meeting regarding Operation Delta".

Under assault by the moldering heat, Class D's Ike was sitting in an unfitting seiza position and making a clenched fist on top of his knees. Wiping the ball-like sweat that had formed on his forehead with his fist, his forehead gleamed stickily.

Ike : "This time, I'm thinking of betting all of my youth this summer on Operation Delta. Haruki, how about you?"

Yamauchi : "I feel the same way, Kanji. If this operation succeeds, I wouldn't even mind dying!"

Towards that resolve to even throw away one's life without hesitation, Sudou who had been watching until now hesitated

Sudou : "To be honest, I'm against it. I'll decide whether or not to join after I hear you out"

Even though those three individually differ in their way of thinking, the goal they are seeking is the same. It seems they're optimistically thinking. Perhaps it's because we were all sweating, but I could feel the temperature in the room become even more humidly hot.

Since this is summer, the room slowly turned into sauna. Nothing good will come about if this room smells of sweat any further.

Ike : ".......I guess so it's hot, I'll gonna turn on the Air Conditioner."

Yamauchi : "This place kinda uncomfortable. Points will be coming in soon so how about buying something?"

Sudou : "Buy a damn carpet, will you! Carpet! My ass is hurting"

Sudou complained as he hits the floor.

Ike : "I-It's because I can't afford to buy it yet..."

He tried to argue with the lame excuse

Sudou : "In the uninhabited island test, we obtained those points thanks to Suzune. It's really out of line for someone as useless as you to save up those points"

Yamauchi : "Indeed, indeed. Matter of fact, if Horikita were here with us, isn't it only a matter of time before we rise up to Class C?"

From the desperate situation in May, they've made a complete turn and are hounding the upper classes in terms of points with a vigorous surge.

Ike : "Enough with the chit chat, let's think about the difficult stuff when the second semester starts. Right now, it's Operation Delta"

Sudou : "Are you guys serious?"

Yamauchi : "We're really serious. I mean, our youth lies there, right? Or are you saying you have an objection against the Operation Delta which is our supreme goal!"