15.

Happy Easter IG?

••••

Cassidy sat in the office with her head in her hands as tears slowly slid down her face as she stared at the man who sat in front of her. Charles— her father. This was his second time popping up on her and this time he was opening old wounds she had closed long ago, she couldn't understand how he was out of prison or why he'd show up to ask her to help him get back on his feet after he had done what he done.

Fourteen year old Cassidy sat with her knees in her chest while her mother stared at her positive pregnancy test in disbelief, "H- how can we explain this to your father? When did you— how did you? Who is it for? Has your father touched you?" She asked staring at her frightened child.

"N— no, he hasn't." Cassidy assured her, Faith let out breath of relief. "I— I have a boyfriend." She stammered.

Faith eyes glossed over, she feared for her child and if her alcoholic father had found out she'd not only had sex but was pregnant as well. Faith wasn't the best mother in the world— in fact she wasn't a good one at all. She never wanted Cassidy and it showed. It was why Cassidy was out at fourteen years old having sex trying to feel loved. However, Faith would never let anything bad happen to her child. She did whatever her husband asked if her in order for him to leave Cassidy alone. She'd take the many rapes, beatings, drugs etc. In order for him to keep his hands off of their child.

Even Faith knew the beating Cassidy would endure if he'd found out that she was pregnant. She knew it was nothing she could do to save her this time, "We have to take you to get an abortion—-"

"Shakur wants the baby," Cassidy sniffled. "His parents said that I can move with them, and you can just get me emancipated. I— I don't know what to do. I'm scared." She cried, "His father said that when we're old enough Shakur would marry me and would take real good care of me ma, I didn't want this baby but if it means a better life than this," she motioned around the run down one bedroom home. "I'll have the baby for him,"

Faith shook her head, "If you don't want this baby then don't have it becuase of what he can do for you or the fact he wants the child... that's nothing but regret and anger for that child as it gets older." She spoke, "You're going to resent the child,"

Cassidy looked up to her mother, "Is that how you feel about me?"

Faith didn't answer and that was an answer in itself, "Pack what you can, and let's go,"

Cassidy couldn't have ever prepared herself waking up the next week learning of her mothers murder, she knew her father had did it. He'd beat, raped, and strangled her once she wouldn't tell him Cassidy's whereabouts when he returned home that night. Cassidy may not have had an connection with her mother but she knew died saving her. She died protecting her, regardless of the resentment she held for her child being forced on her.