Family moment

A.N: Please don't hate me, but I'm doing a time jump. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I just feel like it's better to do a time jump than write unnecessary stuff.

A week later, you wake up on the floor of your closet. The past week has been pretty boring. Shortly after you talked with Tony, Steve was called out on a mission, he got back yesterday and is completely ignoring the fact that the two of you seemed to have a moment. It's frustrating to you because you think you really like him, but every time you get frustrated, you remind yourself that even if he liked you back, you weren't ready to act on it. You climb out of the closet to see Tony sitting on your bed. You give him an uncomfortable smile.

"Hey, Tony!" You say in an awkward manner. "I just...was taking a look at this closet. It's so great, I love a good walk-in."

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"Why have you been sleeping in the closet?"

You shake your head and shrug.

"I don't know" You reply

"You don't know?" He asks treading lightly. "Why aren't you sleeping in the bed?"

"I guess...I just can't get used to it." you admit "I've tried to, really I have. But I spent six years sleeping in a dark cell on the floor. I mean, this floor is wood, this floor is nice compared to the concrete I slept on"

"You slept on a concrete floor?"

you nod

"...Was it clean at least?" he asks

"No, it was covered with blood stains"

"Who's blood?"

You look down at the ground. "The person before me...some of my own.... a lot of my own."

You slowly raise your gaze to see Tony tearing up.

"Why are you crying?" you ask moving over to sit next to him.

"Because I let you down. I let your brother down too. I told him I would protect you, and I failed."

You shake your head.

"There was nothing you could have done" You whisper to him as you stroke his hair. "I was set up. I was sent into a base, given all the wrong information, my weapons were tampered with... there was nothing either of us could have done."

He pulls you into his arms and buries his face in your neck.

"Team meeting in the conference room" FRIDAY announces.

"Are you going to be ok?" You ask Tony

He nods wiping his eyes and taking a deep breath. He stands up, holding out his hand to help you up.

"What?" You ask

"Well, you're part of the team" He replies

you smile and take his hand letting him pull you to your feet.

You and Tony arrive in the conference room along with everyone else. You sit down, not really knowing why you would be there. Fury enters the room, his eyes falling on you, he smiles.

"I'm glad you're here Y/N, because we need you to go on this mission," He says

"What?" You ask in shock

"Absolutely not" Tony yells

"She is not going out in the field, she hasn't trained in six years" Steve shouts

"That's not entirely true though, is it Y/N?" Fury says looking at you.

You know the question is rhetorical, but you still shake your head. Your stomach drops as you remember...

Sorry it's short, I've been busy but wanted to put something out.