Back Home

Friday afternoon rolls around and you and Steve arrive back at the compound. You both go up to your rooms to unpack. When you're done unpacking, you throw on some leggings and a tank top and head down to the gym. You open the door to the gym to see Steve working with the punching bag.

"Hey" you say

He turns around to look at you, running his eyes up and down you before focusing back on your face.

"Hey" he says "are you using the gym too?"

You nod "I guess great minds think alike."

"I guess they do"

"It's been a while so I figured I'd stretch out the muscles before I have to work on my mission report. I've missed my workouts"

"Well you got a few workouts on the missions"

You blush. "I guess that's true"

He comes over to you and wraps his arms around your waist.

"Now," he starts "are you needing a bit of space, or can I stay with you tonight? Nothing has to happen, I just want to hold you in my arms while I sleep."

"Really?" you ask "Are you sure you don't need a break? I've been told I'm a sleep kicker."

"I have discovered that, however, if I wrap my legs around yours just right, I can save myself some bruises and have you closer to me"

You laugh "Ok, I would love for you to spend the night"

He smiles wide.

"But," you say "We need to decide if we're going to keep this private or not. I mean, do we let the team know that we're...whatever we are?"

"I believe the word is dating"

"Dating" you nod "I just didn't want to put a label on it if you weren't ready."

"With you, I'm ready for anything. So, whenever you want to go public, I will be the first to shout it from the rooftops so all of New York knows that you're mine, and I'm the luckiest man in the world."

"Aren't I the lucky one? I mean, I get to date America's Golden Boy"

He chuckles before kissing you.

"Where is everyone?" you ask

"Missions"

"So no one's home?"

"Not yet."

you kiss him again.

"So that workout?" He asks

"Yeah?"

"I was thinking of a different form of"

"Were you now?"

He nods, sliding his hands from your waist to cup your ass. You moan against his lips.

"I'd be good with that." You say

"Yeah?"

"Yeah"

He scoop you up and you wrap your legs around his waist while he carries you to his bedroom.