Starting to wrap up

When Steve gets home that night, you tell him that you two are going to meet up with some people at the bar. Steve immediately gets your code, knowing you found something.

Before going to the bar, you double-check that all your hickeys are covered.

At the bar, you and Steve find Fury and he leads you to a private room.

"What'd you find?" Fury asks

"Everything we need," you say. "The seller is our neighbor, he's going by Joe Harwich, and his wife is Margret. I'm not sure if she's in on all of this, but it's probably safe to assume. Joe is meeting up with the buyer at 12:30 a.m. on Friday in the alley behind the grocery store. He's in possession of an alien egg. I overheard him on the phone when I was scoping out the neighborhood, he told the buyer we're not a threat of any kind."

You see Steve staring at you from the corner of your eye. Fury nods.

"Good work agent" he says

"Thanks" you reply

"All you two have to do is keep a low profile and keep acting like you have been. I'll get a team out there to bust them and you'll be home by Friday at noon at the latest." Fury tells you

"Sounds good," you say

Steve nods.

"I've got to get back, but this room is rented for the rest of the hour if you two need a break from your aliases," Fury says

"Thanks" you respond

Fury goes to leave, and just as he's about to open the door he turns back to you.

"Y/N?" he says

You look at him expectantly and he pulls you into a hug.

"It's good to have you back kid" he whispers "The real you"

"It's good to be back" you smile

He ruffles your hair before throwing a curt nod toward Steve and walking out.

"You're the only person he's ever that casual with" Steve says

You laugh "Well, he was a pretty big part of my upbringing. I started as an agent when I was fairly young so..."

He nods.

"So..." He starts "You practically did the mission without me"

"Well I think you played a big role in it, I mean Joe was not at all suspicious of us. If I'm not mistaken he said something along the lines of 'we're too busy fucking like bunnies to be a threat' which makes me think he's watching us have sex. So maybe we should hold off until we get back to the compound?"

"You want to have sex when the mission's over?"

"Well, I just assumed. Unless all of this was just part of the act because in that case ignore me"

"No," He says "Not part of an act, I just thought you might rethink things."

"No, Steve I really like you. You were one of the first people I found comfort in after Hydra, and you're just such a great guy and I really want to be with you."

"I really want to be with you too"

He takes a step closer to you and kisses you.

"and, god I can't wait to get back to the compound so I can make you scream my name" He mumbles against your lips and you moan.

He kisses you again, and you guys stay in that room for the rest of the hour.