Attack

A.N: It's been a while, I'm sorry for not keeping up. I have released 9 chapters of "Branded with 007" a Bucky Barnes love story. Go check that out, I'm very proud of it so far. Thanks.

Steve's POV

Bullets ring out through the air as I duck behind a car. When we got the call for this mission an hour ago, we weren't sure what we were going into. The weapons they have are honestly impressive, with guns that can shoot farther than I've ever seen before. It didn't take long to realize we were dealing with Hydra. I peek out from behind a car and throw my shield at a Hydra soldier, knocking him to the ground and catching my shield when it comes back. I hear one particularly loud shot ring out and then everything goes quiet.

"Fallback agents, mission accomplished." I hear a voice say.

I peek out again to see the Hydra agents leaving.

"What's going on?" I say into comms.

"Y/N's down" Nat replies frantically.

I push up to my feet and run over to Nat, seeing her putting pressure on a gunshot wound in Y/N's shoulder.

"Tony," Nat calls out.

"I've got her" Tony says, quickly scooping her up and flying her to the hospital.

Later, we all sit in the waiting room, anxious for the news. Tony looks shaken as he comes back in.

"They say she should be out of surgery soon," He says sitting down and bouncing his leg.

"Everything will be ok, she'll pull through, she's a fighter." Wanda says moving over to Tony.

Bucky and Sam hand me a coffee but I shake my head. They sit next to me. I can't bring myself to say anything, I can't say she'll make it, because she might not, but I can't talk like she won't, because she has to.

The doors burst open and Fury rushes in.

"Any news?" He asks

"She's still in surgery." Nat says

Just then a doctor walks in.

"Mr. Stark?" She says

We all stand up.

"Yes?" Tony answers

"There were some complications during surgery, I'm sorry, but she didn't make it." The doctor says.

Tony collapses to the ground and my heart plummets. I sit back down in shock. I'm aware that things around me happen, crying, rage, comforting hugs, and yet I feel like I'm in my own world, one without Y/N. And it's cold and empty and dark.

A.N: This is short, but I'm uploading again tonight as well.