3 months later

Bucky's POV

I walk into a cheap hotel, ignoring the stares I get. I'm on a mission here, and this one's off the Avenger's radar. I find a room and pick the lock, letting myself in. When I get in I see a woman in a bed roll over and point a gun at me, she's pale and skinny, her cheeks are hollow and she looks like death reincarnated.

"It's good to see you too Y/N," I say

"How did you find me?" She asks, putting down the gun. Her voice is raspy and weak.

"I have my ways, but you're not the one to be asking questions." I snap "Why did you fake your death?"

She looks down. "I got a threat from Hydra, more of a warning. They were going to start killing the Avengers to make me suffer. I thought I could fake my death, take them by surprise, and take them down. Then I could come home." She says "I was supposed to be done by now."

"What happened that delayed it?"

"Hyperemesis gravidarum" She replies

"But that's an illness for preg..."

She pulls back the blanket revealing a baby bump

"I screwed up Bucky" She says "If I go back, Hydra will kill the Avengers and me and the baby. If I stay here, I can't get proper medical attention and the baby and I could die, if not, I have a baby and Steve is going to miss everything."

A tear runs down her face and I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into my lap as I sit down on the bed. I sway her back and forth and kiss the top of her head.

"Everything is going to be ok, I'm going to help you, and then we're getting you and the baby back to the compound and back to Stevie." I say

A.N: I'll be wrapping up this story soon, I've been struggling with inspiration for it. Check out my new story "Branded with 007", the chapters are longer and the plot is better in my opinion.