Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Yami Sennen stood before the long mirror, staring at his reflection putting the final touches to his white suit. He felt like a bundle of nerves inside his stomach was doing backflips. Yami's eyes moved across to the small clock on the mantel place

which read 11:30. In half hour's time he was going to be stand at the alter in front of his friends and family marrying his childhood sweetheart Nixie Mouto the sister of his best friend and soon to be future brother in law Yugi Mouto.

He closed his eyes taking a few deep breaths in hope of steading his nerves. Just then he felt a tap on his shoulder which made him jump slightly he turned to see his twin brother Atemu with a cheeky smirk across his face. "Gods Atemu you

nearly gave me a heart attack sneaking up on me like that."

"Relax Yami, I have never seen you this jumpy before you are normally so cool headed and clam."

Yami turned back to the mirror once again making sure he was still well turned out and smart. "Well it isn't like I'm going to go and duel... I'm about to take the the biggest step of my life here." Atemu let out a small chuckle.

"Well I hope I'm not as bad as you are when I ask Yugi to marry me."

It has slipped Yami's mind that Atemu was planning to purpose Yugi later on that evening which he and Nixie were in on. "Speaking of Yugi, where did he disappear too early this morning?" Yami asked.

"Oh Anzu called him, Nixie needed to see him about something... I'm sure he will be back soon."

Yami walked towards the window gazing out at the busy street below he could see some of the guests arriving. The nerves were starting to really kick in now. "Is there any champagne left Atemu?, I could do with a drink."

Atemu checked but most of the bottles were empty from the previous night. "Look like we drank them all, I'll jump downstairs and get some i think we can both do with a pre drink wedding drink."

Yami smiled. "shalt belong and no running away." Atemu teased leaving his brother alone in the suite. "Wouldn't dream of it." Yami called back with a chuckle before looking at his reflection once again.

A few rooms down the corridor was the bridal suite. Inside Anzu, Serenity and Yugi were pacing outside the bathroom apprehensive waiting for Nixie to come out. "How long does this thing take." Yugi said rather impatiently

"Chill Yugi it only takes minute according to this, "Anzu replied. "Do you think she is really... you know?" Serenity asked.

Yugi was about to speak when Nixie came out with a look of surprise and happiness. "Well don't keep us in suspense.... are you or aren't you?" Yugi said. Nixie beamed brightly from ear to ear "Yugi your going to be an uncle."

The three cheered in joy, Yugi hugging his little sister. "congratulations!!!... Wait till Yami find's out he is going to be over the moon."

"I hope to tell him after the ceremony, so until then keep this to yourself." Yugi pouted slightly. "Surly I can tell Atemu after all he is going to be uncle too." Nixie smiled softly "okay, but tell Atemu to keep it till himself until after me and his brother

get married."

"Deal" Yugi said shaking his sister hand. Anzu started pouring three glasses of champagne and a glass of soft orange. "Here is to new beginnings and new life." They raised a toast. "New beginnings and new life.."

Downstairs among the madness and chaos, Atemu found Seto barking orders at the staff on where and who was doing what and going too.

" Incompetent fools..." Atemu placed his hand in his cousin's shoulder. "Now Now Seto play nice, Your more stressed out than Yami is."

Seto was in no mood for jokes shooting a glare in Atemu's direction. " I thought Jonouchi was helping you out with things."

"Dam Mutt had to go and pick up Honda from his Dad's shop leaving me with all this.." Seto said in his charming way.

"Why you down here? Yami get board with you and kick you out?"

Atemu simply chuckled " I came down to grab another bottle champagne, Yami needs a drink to steady his nerves."

Just then a young male came through the entrance carrying boxes of champagne with out warning Seto swiped a bottle from one of the boxes with out being seen. " Here..." he said throwing the bottle to Atemu who caught it.

"Don't say I'm not good to you, Now get lost and let me get on with sorting this circus act out before the wedding starts."

"Thanks Seto." Atemu smiled then leaving his cousin to get back to his duties.

Atemu was making his way back to the groom suite carrying a huge bottle of the finest champagne whistling a merry little tune unbeknown to him this joyful day was about to take a sinister tragic turn.

He turned the door handle, entering the suite. "I'm Back... Yami's grab two glasses, Seto managed to....." He stopped mid way dropping the bottle which smashed to the ground, The Suite was completely trashed.

"What the hell happened here?! "

"Yami? Where are you?! "There was no answer then he called out again. "Yami?! "a little louder this time and still nothing.

Suddenly from the corner of his eye of Atemu's eye, he spotted what looked like a blood cover hand sticking out from behind the bathroom door.

Atemu gulped, dreading what he was about to discover. "Yami...? You in here?" Atemu walked slowly towards the door his hand was shaking uncontrollably as he pushed the door opened revealing the gruesome bloody sight of his brother lying on the cold floor and drenched in his own blood.