Chapter 10

That night in the Motou- Sennen household, with the kids asleep in bed. Yugi had planned a movie night for him, Atemu and Nixie like the old days. Yugi was setting up the movie, as Atemu still sat in a bit of a mood.

Nixie came in from the kitchen with a huge bowl of pop corn. "How it coming Yug? " she asked placing the bowl down on the table.

" As if you really care.." Atemu murmur under his breath. Nixie shot him a glare.

"Oh gods Atemu let it go... I was just talking with him."

Yugi raised his head from the DVD player. "Atemu drop it... she wasn't doing anything wrong. she is allow to talk to other guys... besides I think it would nice if she met someone is not like Yami is going to suddenly to walk in

the door any time soon."

Atemu wasn't having any of it the fact his husband was agreeing with all this nonsense put him into a further bad mood as he angerly stood up from the couch.

"I can't believe either of you two... you talk about how supporting each other means more to you but right now that last comment says a lot more to how you really feel. "he spoke sharply he was pissed that Yugi would even

talk about his brother like that.

Yugi was very much taken a back by his reaction.. " I didn't mean for it to come out like that Atemu I-I......" he stuttered slightly he was panicking inside he didn't mean what he said.

"Save it Yugi!, I'm not in the mood for this conversation you two can watch the movie I'm going to bed..... "

Yugi knew this was a touchy subject for Atemu and he fucked up....he really fucked up..

He sighed sadly sitting down on the couch looking to his sister feeling defeated. Nixie couldn't believe the way Atemu was acting so cold and almost still pretty much in denial.

"Atemu don't be like this, Yugi didn't mean it, you can't keep burying your head in the sand.."

Atemu was about to leave when he paused turning back to Nixie, she could see the anger in his eyes. " Don't stand their and lecture me missy, I'm not in denial you have no idea what I have been through!" He roared at her..

"I was the one who found your precious fiancée dead that day, I was the one who had to keep it together for me and Yugi, cause you found it too much the day after we buried him. You ran away like a Coward then you turn up and start flirting with someone else..." He snarled. " You make me sick, where is your loyalty you vile temptress."

His words hit Nixie like a dragger to her heart. She has never ever seen this side to him. Yugi stood abruptly " That's Enough Atemu!" He snapped . "Don't ever talk to my sister that way..."

Nixie turned to her brother, before her eyes met those of Atemu's fiery eyes. " Is okay Yugi, Let him get it off his chest." she said pausing for a moment to contented her self.

"I still love your brother and my loyalty will always be with him so don't you stand here and say i don't, remember you caught the hand print on my arm well it wasn't just a dream.

I dreamt about your brother and he had plenty to say about what happened that day . "she spoke.

Atemu looked at her rather suspiciously he didn't really feel like been toyed with right now.

"I'm tried of all this... your not worth the air I breath..." Atemu growled then taking his leave with the slam of the door.... leaving Nixie and Yugi alone in the sitting room.

The siblings looked to each in a rather uncomfortable silence. "Yugi... I.." Nixie was stopped mid way by her brother who shook his head..." Don't say another word.."

Yugi felt like he was torn apart he wanted to help his sister and help his husband at the same time but he was in a battle that he couldn't get out of.

He was so conflicted, he understood where his sister was coming from and the fact Atemu was still hurting cause he never found closure none of them did. but it hurt Atemu far more then he realized he was holding these walls for years without saying anything to either of them.

"Nixie I am sorry for what he said, you know yourself He's never been this cold. But I can't choose between my husband and my sister but your entitled to do what you want. I just never thought Atemu would act out this harsh over it....

He too has a slight point he was the one that found his brother that day that's something you never need to witness, Yami was my best friend too but guess I was able to come to terms with it a little better over the years ,

I've let my husband down don't think he even wants me in the same room as him right now. " he slouched on the couch.

"You haven't let him down Yugi, Give him time to cool off, he will come around/" Nixie said.

Atemu had made it to his room and he sighed he knew he let his anger get the better of him it wasn't his proudest moment, he was royally pissed he was sitting on his bed when he heard the door open,

he sighed that slam he did flinch the moment he made it now feeling the guilt he looked up to see Heba.

"Daddy? I heard yelling... "he yawned walking over to his father. "Everything's fine Heba I'm sorry if I woke you "he picked up his son and cuddled him.

The little one cuddled into his father's warmth as Atemu gently rocked him back to sleep. 

"Everything is a mess since you left us Yami." he sighed to himself.

He looked down at his little son who had drift off to sleep in his arms. He placed his son gently on the bed putting a little blanket on him.

Just then something caught his eye from the full length mirror, he slowly made his way towards it gazing into it, suddenly he jump back in fright when he saw the ghostly figure of his brother.

Atemu quickly glanced but saw nothing he and Heba were the only two in the room.

"Y....Yami...!!" Atemu stuttered .