Chapter 6

Nixie awoke she was back in the real world, the world without Yami. Nixie looked at the clock that read 7am. she looked to her left and saw Kimiko was still fast asleep clinging on to her little bunny, carefully Nixie got up and headed down stairs.

In the next room Atemu bolted up from his slumber, glanced at the beside clock it was only around 7am. He quietly got out of bed, trying his best not to wake Yugi up. It was another bad nightmare... the very same nightmare he had been having for the last 5

year. He shook his head to rid himself of the dark painful thoughts he was having, his pride always got the better of him when it came to try and talk to Yugi over it. He didn't want to been seen as weak.

He slowly made his way hall way towards the stairs, hoping not to wake any of the kids up or Nixie for that matter. He suddenly felt an icy cold chill run down his back. "Every damn time. "

He whispered to himself he shook the feeling off and headed down stairs. But Atemu wasn't the only person who was up as he about to walk into the kitchen he almost jumped out his skin when he saw Nixie was up also.

"Oh god...Nixie you scared me!" he gasped.

"Sorry... I couldn't sleep very well I came down to make some tea." she answered notching he was on edge and a little shaken up. "I made some fresh tea, you want some. "

Atemu nodded "Please." Just then as Nixie was reaching for a cup he saw what looked like blood print on her arm.

"Nixie what on earth happened?! Are you ok? "He was now in panic mode he pointed to her arm and strangely as he stood closer to her checking the strange mark on her arm, he could smell a familiar scent.

She was a little bewildered with his reaction as she looked to her arm...

"It's just paint Atemu I forgot to wash it off. "she felt slightly awkward now she went back to making her tea for the both of them.

Atemu sighed. " Yugi would kick my ass if anything happened to you and those Little ones."

"You need to learn to relax Atemu, it was just some paint." She said pouring some tea and handing him the cup. He took a sip "Your starting to sound Like Yami." he chuckled a little. Nixie raised her brow. "

That's cause Yami would want to me look out for you, plus we are family after all your my brother in law and my best friend."

He sighed as he relaxed on the chair in the kitchen. "I'm sorry for been so jumpy just things around this place haven't felt right since my brother passed is hard to explain...is getting harder for me to even tell Yugi."

Nixie understood how he felt, she knew what things were like for herself loosing her childhood love " It's ok Atemu , but you should talk to my brother.

He wont judge you. Yami's tragic ending was hard on us all. I mean I would feel the same if I lost Yugi."

Unknown to them Yugi had just gotten to the door but hung back as he over heard his sister and husband talking when he was a little shocked to hear how Atemu was feeling.

"I've never been ok since that day Nixie, I keep having the same nightmares nearly every night. weirdly I keep feeling this odd Sensation like my brother is still here like he is haunting me, I keep questioning my sanity over and over again."

Nixie sat down at the table beside him. " Atemu your not going mad...I do believe he is still here in away... it shows he is watching over us.

Sometimes I use to feel the same odd feeling but i find it brings me some comfort to know that Yami is never really gone."

Atemu felt a little better at what his sister in law was saying but he still felt like he failed his brother.

"I've also been stuck on this wild goose chase with no leads to finding any answers it's completely impossible even with Seto's help the trail is cold. " Atemu just rambled.

Nixie bit her help she didn't know if it was the right time to tell Atemu what she was told in her dream she felt worried that he wouldn't believe her.. but it was now or never.

" Atemu I have something to tell you.... I don't know how to explain it but..."

"Good morning" Yugi called from behind Cutting off Nixie.

"Morning" Both said. Yugi kissed his husband. " Your both up early..."

Atemu kissed Yugi back, he couldn't help but feel curious to whatever Nixie was about to tell him it seemed important he was a little annoyed by his husband's timing ... " Couldn't sleep Yugi I came down here

but your sister was up as well so we just got talking. " he smiled awkwardly,

Yugi could tell when knew he was lying..

"Atemu I know it's probably not the best time but stop lying to me I heard the conversation and I'm well aware of your nightmares......" Atemu was stunned he as he looked to Nixie that Yugi some how over heard them talking.

"I've known about them for a while Atemu I wish you could have just trusted me with how you were really feeling instead of keeping your damn pride." he understood why his husband kept this all from him as not to worry him, in a way Yugi felt a little bit betrayed all the same time, he folded his arms acting like he was pissed.

Nixie stood from the table feeling a little bit awkward and knew this was her time to leave Atemu to fully talk to Yugi. " I'll take this upstairs and let you both talk." she said taking her leave. 

Yugi sat down beside him taking his hand into his..." Why didn't you tell all this.. we share everything, if one of us has a problem we share that with each other."

"I didn't want to scare you or be Burden to you. Ever since that day... it just keeps replaying in my mind. Why did I leave him alone, if i had of stayed would things of been different." Atemu finally admitted.

Yugi stood and warped his arms around Atemu from behind, his chin resting on his head. "So all this research was part of it too?

Atemu shook his head..." Just those memories."

"Atemu it's not your fault neither you or Yami knew that was going to happen... you left to get a pre wedding drink to clam his nerves." Yugi said then he thought of the conversation he and Nixie share from the previous day.

"Just one thing please Atemu if you are going to go find answers please be careful? I'm with you on this I just don't want to lose you either... "he spoke sadly.

Atemu stood taking Yugi into his arms." I promise Yugi... "

"And no more keeping secrets from each other." Yugi teased him with a playful tap on his husband's arm. Atemu chuckled. "You have my word."

From out side in the hall away Nixie heard everything and smiled softly, she was glad he opened up more to her brother.. but she was still worried about on how to word what Yami told her. She headed up stairs to check on the twins and Heba.

Unknown to everyone in the kitchen Yami stood leaning casually against the door way watching the whole scene unfold with his brother and his husband, He never knew how much his passing had affected him he really wanted to talk to Atemu somehow but he knew he couldn't he sighed vanishing into thin air. Atemu shivered a little feeling a cold draft near him, he smiled softly knowing his brother was near.