Chapter 25

"Least you guys are safe. " he smiled

"I'm so grateful to you Atemu" Nixie smiled as Yami moved closer to his beloved and his children. Yugi nodded placing his arm around his husband. "You really did scare me Atemu, but I'm glad things are okay again."

Atemu looked to his brother. "Well it wasn't all me it was Yami too." then he saw a hint of sadness in his brother's eyes. "Hey.. what's the matter Yami?... you should be happy the case is solved "

Yami looked between everyone including his brother. " I know I should be happy, I-I guess I didn't realize that solving the case would mean me moving on... " he sighed he didn't want to bring down everyone's mood.

Yugi had Heba held in one arm on his side as he held Atemu with the other he smiled sadly at his husband, he still couldn't see Yami full. Yugi could tell by Atemu's face he didn't like it.

He hated that he was the only one that couldn't see him like the rest of them could.

Atemu held Yugi tightly in his arms " I suppose this was going to happen eventually I wasn't expecting it so soon. " He paused.

Yami nodded wrapping his arms Nixie. He really didn't want to leave her and his children either. Nixie stood close in his embrace, looking deep into his crimson eyes. She could feel the tears forming.

"I can't.. You were taken once from me, I can't loose again my love," Yami placed his hand gently on her cheek, his thumb wiping her tears.

Atemu looked away from both of them holding his tears back, He felt Yugi's grip tighten on his arm and try to pull him closer. He just didn't say a thing he lay his head on his shoulders giving Atemu the support he needed at that given time.

Yami sighed sadly "I'll always be around in some shape or form and watching over every one "he knelt down his children he poked his children on the nose playfully "You two have to promise to look out for mommy for me okay "He asked.

The twins nodded before clinging tightly to their father. "Don't go Daddy.." they both cried. It was breaking Yami's heart.

Atemu's heart broke for the twins that's what set him off he let his tears fall hard Yugi grabbed him even tighter. It was Atemu's time to speak " Yami, they'll be fine I promise you that. They'll be fine I'll protect them along with Nixie you have my word just like the last time. "he paused as he wiped his tears that's when he heard Yugi speak " Yami I may not be able to see you b-but Atemu's right the twins and my sister will be safe with us. You don't have to worry "

Yami smiled at both them that meant a lot to him to know that they were safe. He turned back to Nixie, the two gazing into each other eyes. "I love you my king..." she spoke. "I love you too my Queen". Yami lent down and kissed his beloved. As They kissed, Yami's ghostly form began to glow then gently fading away to rest in peace.

Atemu let his tears fall freely now as he saw his brother vanish, He brought Yugi close to him, he just whispered in Yugi's ear that he had finally gone. Yugi held him tightly. He was breaking too but he needed to remain strong for both them and his sister. Heba just hugged his daddy.

Yugi turned to his sister " Nixie?! " he asked softly he was worried about them too. Nixie's tears fell freely as she held her children close. "I'm okay Yugi....He can finally rest..."

The group came together in a mournful embrace.