7

Aria's Pov: 

Aria's Pov: 

I rolled my eyes as they pathetically held the gun and gave demeaning smirks at me. 

"Go on then, show me just how good you are then." I taunted. 

The twins scoffed. Charles scowled. 

I put my hand on my hip and sneered back at them.

The whole group of men peering at us with a mix of confusion but curiosity. 

We had made our way to the the House Of Spades, I had been told that this place had been renovated as the training rooms for the guards in the compound.

But looking around, it looked more a mansion then a renovated training grounds. The whole thing was jaw dropping. 

A whole floor dedicated to a gym, a whole large spacious shooting range, swords, guns, racks of them on each wall I passed, I swear I even saw a katana and nun-chucks, a whole section dedicated to them. 

The training also seemed intense, it was just like the exact training I had seen at Venus's training grounds, and by looking at the sheer amount of people that used the facilities, it was hard for me to even fathom the fact that each and everyone here had been taught, vetted and deemed worthy of working here by just one person, Venus. 

I think I was starting to develop a girl crush on her by the second. 

We had interrupted the morning session of the guards as we waltzed into the shooting range. 

Upon seeing me, the twins and Charles and Vivienne, the guards weren't too bothered, they had nodded heir head in acknowledgement, seeing as they were all in the highest position a guard could ever dream to be in, but the second Oliver walked in they stood to attention. 

Like robots. 

They immediately stopped what they were doing and looked to the floor. 

Ollie had waved his hand in a vague gesture and had told them to carry on but the whole mood had changed, if the men and women hadn't already been putting themselves through harsh training, they most certainly had now. 

This was just with Oliver's presence. I wonder what the response would have been if Leo was here. 

"We will then." Charles slipped in a snide tone. 

His voice snapped me back to reality and I rolled my eyes again, I could hear Oliver and Vivienne stifling their laughs in the background. 

They both knew that I would win. 

Charles turned and aimed the gun at the target practise, he clenched the gun. I could already tell that his shot would be off, it would be close to the red but just by a fraction miss it. He needed to work on his grip of the gun a little and he would just make it. 

Sure enough, he let do of the trigger and the shot landed just where I had predicted it would, a millimetre of the red. 

"You missed. If you had worked on your grip you would have made it." I sighed, shaking my head. 

Charles didn't seem too fussed about it. "At least it was close, I reckon you wouldn't even get it anywhere close." 

I raised an eyebrow? Close? I would get it spot on. 

The twins were up next, one of them - how the hell was I supposed to identify them?- planted their feet wrong and nearly missed the entire target. It was simply just luck that they managed to land it anywhere near the actual target. 

"Luck." I shook my head again. 

He scoffed. "Luck? There no such thing as luck." 

I raised my eyebrows again. Really? I hope he remembered that one when my turn came. 

The other one did however manage to hit the target in the left hand side right at the bottom. At that he smarmily put the gun down and gave an arrogant smirk right at me. 

To which I immediately returned, flashing my teeth straight back at him. 

I was so going to win this, if this was my competition, then I had practically already won. I walked in a smooth manner toward the gun, and gently picked it up, taking my time to examine it carefully. 

"It's a revolver." Charles kindly put in. "Not that you'd know what that is." 

I bit back the words that I had wanted to say and just looked at him, "Oh really?" 

He scoffed again. "You don't even know the name of it?" 

"No, I do. I have just never used one." I truthfully answered. 

The twins snickered. 

"Not so confident now, huh?" The one that had managed to hit the target spoke.

"No, it doesn't mean anything." I shrugged. "I can still use it." 

"The barrel - where you put the bullets - it can hold up to 5 bullets. You can have 5 goes." Charles once again kindly decided to undermine me. 

"3." I challenged. "I only need 3 bullets to prove myself" 

The three of them looked at each other and burst out laughing. 

"Fine." Charles gasped. 

"Yeah yeah," one of the twins spluttered. 

The other twin was on the floor holding his stomach. 

I took a deep breath and turned around. I'd show them. 

Once I had slotted the first bullet in the gun barrel, the three idiots had stopped laughing and decided to finally pay attention. 

I looked towards the target and to where Charles had shot his bullet through, easy. I pulled the trigger and fired. 

The bullet landed exactly through the hole that Charles had created, but instead of his bullet being the one wedged inside the target it was mine. 

"Grip." I spoke, not even looking back, slotting in another bullet in the barrel. "you had loosened you grip and that's why you'd missed. Just by a centimeter of course." 

I then leveled the gun up and squeezed down on the trigger, looking for the first twins bullet, the one that he claimed luck was not a thing. 

He was correct. But only for me, luck for him was his saving grace, for me luck ceased to exist. 

The bullet landed straight through the hole that he had created and instead of his bullet, mine was wedged into the target. 

"You were right. Luck doesn't exist, you just suck. I had to try really hard to do something this bad." I clicked my tongue. 

I then slotted the final bullet in, still not turning around to look at them. I looked for the second twins hit, the bottom left of the red. 

I fired and surely enough, my bullet lodged inside instead of his. 

At this I turned around and smiled. Arrogantly. 

All three of them had wide eyes and jaws dropping on the floor. I seem to have a knack at making me go speechless over me. 

"I told you." I shrugged. "Only 3 bullets."  

I walked past them, as they were still trying to formulate the words to speak.  

It was their fault anyways. 

They should not have done the one thing that I hate the most. 

Underestimating me. 

It just wasn't my fault I was good.