20

Leo's Pov:

Leo's Pov:

I shut the door quietly as I left. 

Swallowing back any amount of emotion that I had. I had nothing to say, I mean how else was i supposed to get her to trust me. 

I had failed. 

Utterly and miserably failed. 

Failed to protect her, make her feel safe around me, and failed to properly love her.

I leant against the door, my back on the doorframe as I felt my legs weaken. 

How come there were no words, nothing I could find, to tell her just how much I didn't car about those marks, to me those marks never stopped her looking any less beautiful to me. 

I squeezed my eyes shut as I heard her faint sobs through the door. 

My heart was being strangled. 

My lungs were dying as I tried to take another breath but it was useless. 

I don't think that I would ever be able to forget these sobs. 

Never. 

I didn't realise that i was now on the floor, my body had just given up, because without her, I don' think that i could ever go back to my life of solitary. 

When I had felt Aria's body give up in my arms, I had given up on living my own. 

What was the point? How did anyone expect me to?

Those 2 days that I had spent waiting for her to wake up were the most longest nights i had experienced, the worrying, the hoping, the waiting. 

Watching someone you love die is an image that you'll never forget. 

Especially their smile. The way they looked at you smiling as they tore down your entire world. 

My mother had smiled. But not at me, to herself. My brother had too. 

Aria had. 

Perhaps it was my own fault. 

Perhaps i should have known better. 

That me loving someone was a death sentence for them. 

Aria had every right to break up with me, every single damn right. But right now i couldn't eave her. 

I know it was selfish. 

I know that this just makes me a bastard. 

But was it so wrong to want to love? 

No. 

I shook my head. 

It seemed that everyone else in the whole world had the right to love but me.