24

TW: Suicidal attempts/thoughts.

Pari's Pov:

I needed to find Leo. 

"Where is Leo?" I demanded. 

Charles looked around the room expectantly, then froze. 

"He was just here-" He trailed of, looking towards Vivian. 

I snapped my head to Vivian expecting and answer for Leo's location. She looked just as lost as Charles. 

"He was just here, but he must have slipped out when-" 

I scoffed. "Are you being serious right now?" 

They hung their heads low, knowing that they should have done a better job. 

"You are meant to be his elite force and you DO NOT even know where he is?" I raised my voice this day was just getting better and better. 

I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I sighed inwardly as a little bit of peace made its way into my mind. 

"Paris, they have been busy with helping Aria, im sure they were very pre occupied and worried, so just leave it." she slowly explained. 

I gritted my teeth at that, as much as i hate to argue with her i had to say it. 

"It is their job!" I frustratedly said. 

"Yes, but they had another job to do." She simply said. 

I took a long deep breath as I swallowed what I was about to say because I had made myself a promise. 

I had promised myself to never shout at Calithea. Ad i wasn't going to break it over a stupid argument. I needed to control this temper and not let it get the better of me. 

"Maybe he's in his office." she suggested, sending that i was on the verge of loosing it. 

I glanced at her. Grateful. 

She knew that there was a chance that he wasn't in his office but she knew that i needed to get out there quickly and to calm myself down. 

I nodded.

"Thanks." I muttered as I left. 

Trailing down the hallway and figuring out just where the hell Leo could be i thought back to a day similar to this very one. 

Two years ago, the year that everything fell apart. 

But also the year that if perhaps I hadn't been quick enough we may have lost more than what we did. 

I made my way down the stairs and swiftly towards Leo's study that as i could see from the crack below the door was not in use. 

Still there could be a chance he had fallen asleep in the room. 

So that was why I opened it. 

"Leo?" I called.

There was no reply and the room was rather dark, but i stepped in, leaving the door slightly open so the amber light of the foyer could still creep into the room. 

I turned and then I saw him. 

He hadn't seemed to hear me calling his name or let alone coming into the room, he instead looked blankly at his hand. 

Sitting on the desk chair, his face was empty. He was looking down at his hand and when I followed his eyeline i saw what he was looking at. 

My blood ran cold. 

His fingers traced slowly the barrel of the gun, while the other hand gripped the trigger so harshly that I was scared he was going to shoot himself anytime.