Chapter 7

Angelina and Dorothy both grin as they take in each other wearing their red and gold Quidditch robes. "Right, no hexing people this year." Angelina says pointing her finger at Dorothy.

"In my defence, Flint deserved it and Snape should have just given me detention, not an entire year ban!"

The pair link arms and skip through the common room, grabbing their brooms and meeting the other players.

Angelina walks up to the other chaser, Alicia Spinnet, leaving Dorothy to walk between the twins. "Okay, so no-"

"No, hexing anyone, I've had this talk already, don't worry."

Harry looks back at Dorothy with a raised brow, "Um, Dorothy?"

"Yes, Harry?"

"Don't take this the wrong way, but, aren't you a little-"

"Clumsy to be playing Quidditch?" Oliver finishes, Harry gives her an apologetic look but she shrugs offering him a smile, "She may have two left feet but put her on a broom and she'll fly laps around Charlie Weasley himself."

He turns back to look at her, "Why weren't you on the team last year?"

She sucks in a breath as the twins giggle beside her, "I may have, hexed Flint once or twice that lead me getting to getting banned for an entire year. Wood was able to convince McGonagall to leave me play again this year."

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch programme. We are gonna train earlier, harder and longer," Oliver says as he leads the group through the caste grounds, "What? I don't believe it."

The Slytherin Quidditch team are walking across the grounds towards them, Dorothy purses her lips, her wand that is in her sock itching for use against the smirk on Flint's face.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver calls over, his Scottish accent thick with irritation.

"Quidditch practice."

Oliver rolls his eyes at the two teams come to a stop, "I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

"That's means get lost." Dorothy says as she leans over Oliver's shoulder. He nudges her back slightly and shoots her a look telling her not to do anything to which she just shrugs.

"Easy, Wood, I've got a note."

Oliver sighs as he reads out the note for everyone, "'I, Professor Severus Snape, do herby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing the need to train their new Seeker.' A new Seeker? Who?"

The team parts allowing Draco to step forward, "Malfoy?"

"Yes?"

"Not you, Dottie."

"Sorry."

"That's right," Draco says with a smug smirk, "And that's not all that's new this year."

The team show off their new broom sticks, "Classic, Malfoys, buying their way into things." Dorothy mumbles to the twins.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousands and Ones. Where did you get them?" Ron says as he and Hermione approach.

"Off Draco's father."

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford 'the best'." Using her broom, Dorothy hits Draco in the back, he growls under his breath but backs away when he turns to see his sister standing there with a raised brow.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione says proudly.

Dorothy winks at the bushy haired girl who stands a little taller, "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little mud blood."

"You'll pay for that, Malfoy! Eat slugs!" Ron's spell backfires and hits him back.

The Gryffindor team run forward and towards Ron who lies on his elbows spewing up slugs. "Ronnie, Ron, are you okay?" Dorothy asks.

He shakes his head, his eye widening as another slug falls from his mouth. Colin Creevey, a first year begins taking photos making Harry push him away as he and Hermione drag Ron away.

The entire Slytherin team begin to laugh making Dorothy scowl at them, "Hey, why don't I shove my broom up your-"

"Oh, what are you going to do, Malfoy, hex me again? Get banned again? I notice your father didn't get you a broom like he did us, who aren't even his family. Oh, that's right, he disowned you didn't he?"

She drags her tongue across her teeth, no one knew that yet, the Gryffindor team stare at her shocked that she didn't tell them, "Burned your name off of the family tapestry and everything, from what I've heard. Disowned, a disgrace to the family name."

She reaches down and grabs her wand, holding it out in front of her she struts towards Flint and the laughing Slytherin, she passes by Draco who stares up at her sadly, "Dott-" He tries to reach for her but she ignores him.

"They only call me a disgrace because I have the courage to do what none of you do." She snarls.

"And what's that?"

"Stick up for myself."

Flint notices the pink scar above her brow and smirks, "Didn't daddy give you that? So much for sticking up for yourself. You've decide to become a blood traitor, haven't you? With those stupid Weasleys-"

She pounces forward but is caught by Oliver before she can reach the Slytherin Captain, she lifts her hand ready to throw spells at him but George and Fred quickly jump in front, "Dot, no, we need you on the team this year."

She pulls out of Oliver's grip and lowers her wand with a huff, "Cursing him will be so worth it."

"Not right now, I can't afford to have you out of Quidditch for another season."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Angelina asks placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

She shrugs, "I haven't considered him my family for a long time, being disowned meant nothing."

George can tell she lying, he can tell that being disowned form her family has heart her. Left a scar on her heart as well as her face.

But still, she holds her head high, she smiles and jokes around like nothing has happened. That's what makes him respect her so much, the fact she can move on and realise that he's no family if he can lay a hand on her.

The team begins to walk back to the common room, Dorothy trailing behind them. "Hey." George says quietly as he drops back beside her.

She offers a tight lipped smile, too lost in her own thoughts to actually tart a conversation. So he just walks beside her, occasionally pushing her out of the way on a wall when she doesn't notice it in her way. Because that's all she needs, all she needs is him there, just standing or sitting there, and she feels safe, like nothing can stop her.