Chapter 12

"Make it a powerful memory," Harry says as he walks around the room, "The happiest you can remember."

Dorothy closes her eyes and thinks back over the past few years.

Meeting the twins and the Weasley's, getting good results, seeing Dragons for the first time, playing Quidditch, spending nights with George wrapped up by the fire, pranking with the twins, studying with Hermione, reading with Remus, talking with Sirius, meeting Gwenog Jones and becoming a player for the Harpies and every moment she's had with George.

A bright blue light shoots from her wand taking form of a lioness. It prowls around her in the air before settling between her feet and rubbing her head against her legs.

"Well done, Dottie."

The lioness pounces at George playfully when he approaches knocking him over before she returns to Dorothy's side.

The lights flicker around them as a large bang comes from one side of the wall, everyone turns to the wall with furrowed brows.

A hole forms in the wall and rubble falls onto the floor. Dorothy holds her wand up, her focus falling from her Patronus leaving it to fall into blue whips around her.

Harry and Nigel step forward, their wands raised, "I'll make short work of this. Bombarda Maxima."

~~~~~

Tears prick in Dorothy's eyes as she continues to right lines, she swallows them down, refusing to give Umbridge the satisfaction.

She turns away from the words getting carved into her skin and looks up to glare at the woman who sits in a chair at the front of the hall.

Dorothy packs up her things quickly and walks out of the hall, everyone else following behind.

The twins chase after her as she walks a little quicker, blood still pouring from her wound. "Dot, wait!"

She slows down and turns to the twins, "You okay?"

"I'll be a lot better when I hex that stupid woman." She says angrily, reaching for her wand in her sock.

"Why hasn't yours stopped?" Fred asks.

She raises a brow asking him to be a little more specific, Fred takes her hand and lifts it up to see its still bleeding, "Yours has stopped bleeding?"

The pair nod and lift their hands to show the dried blood, she shrugs and sits on the bench in the courtyard, "She's 'friends' with Lucius, this is probably extra punishment."

George takes her hand and wraps his tie around it, "Georgie, I'm fine, I have three broken ribs right now, this is nothing."

~~~~~

"What's your name?"

"Michael."

"Your hands gonna be fine, Michael, see? Mines almost all healed up now." Dorothy says softly showing the first year her hand.

George and Fred nod as they sit either side of him, "Yeah, its fading already."

"You can hardly see ours anymore."

"The pain stops after a while."

Harry looks over at the trio and the crying firs year as he walks towards them, they offer a weak smile as Umbridge clears her throat behind them, "As I told you once, Mr. Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished."

"Oh, I'll show you, punishing you to-"

George quickly grabs Dorothy's arm and brings her back to stand beside him at the other Gryffindor's as Umbridge smugly walks away.

"You know, George. I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement."

"Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing."