Chapter 8

"Hi," Hermione says awkwardly as she gets to her feet, "So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher... A proper teacher. One who's had experience against the Dark Arts." Hermione says as she stands in front of the crowd.

Dorothy shoots her a thumbs up and she offers a shy smile in return. "Why?" A kid asks.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot." Ron says.

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says."

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is where's the proof?"

"If Potter could just tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." Someone suggests.

Harry stands up, his chair scraping against the floor, "I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now."

After an awkward silence and Harry muttering under his breath to his two friends, the silence is broken by Luna, "Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?"

"Yes, I've seen it."

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that." Dean says.

"And he killed a basilisk, with the sword of Gryffindor in Dumbledore's office."

"Third year he once fought of about a hundred Dementors at once."

"He talked to Lucius Malfoy without punching him square in the jaw, several times."

Everyone falls silent and looks over at Dorothy who shrugs, "What?"

"Last year, he really did fight You-Know-Who in the flesh." Ron says getting back on track.

"Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help."

"He's just being modest." Hermione says.

He snaps his head towards her, "No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can try again tomorrow. But out there, when you're moments away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like."

"You're right, Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help, because if we're going to have any chance at beating You... Voldemort."

"He's really back?" Harry nods to answer.

The room goes silent again until the sound of a chair scarping fills it, Dorothy stands up with her usual goofy and contagious smile, "Sign me up, Harry." Only this time when she stands, the twins make no move to sit her back down as they soon follow her lead.

~~~~~

"Right. First we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out." Harry states as he, the Weasley siblings, Hermione, Dorothy and Neville walk across the bridge.

"Forbidden Forrest?"

"Not bloody likely."

Dorothy thinks for a moment, "The Shrieking Shack?"

"Too small."

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Neville asks.

"Who cares?" Hermione exclaims, everyone looks over at her and she smiles, "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules."

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione?"

~~~~~

"Watch where you're going, Longbottom!" Goyle yells.

Dorothy scowls as she rounds the corner, "Watch where you're going, Goyle, or my wand might find a place up your-"

"Miss. Black! I'm going to pretend I didn't hear the Head Girl say that."

"Say what, Professor McGonagall?" She asks innocently before running off to catch up with Neville who seems to be staring at the wall, "Neville?"

~~~~~

"You've done it, Neville. You've found the room of requirement."

"The what?"

"It's also known as the come and go room," Dorothy says walking forward, "The room only appears when a person has a real need for it."

"And it's always equipped for the seeker's needs." Hermione tells them as she follows Dorothy in.

"So, say you really needed the toilet."

"Charming, Ronald, but yes that is the general idea."