Chapter 4

"Now, we're settled in and sorted , I'd like to make an announcement," Dumbledore says, "This castle will not only be your home this year, but home to some very special guests, as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen..." Dumbledore is interrupted as Filch jogs down the tables.

Dorothy stifles a laugh at the sight. Filch and Dumbledore whisper to each other before he takes off jogging again, "So... Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Triwizard Tournament. For those of you who do not know, the Tournament brings together three schools, for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single student is selected to compete. Let me be clear. If chosen, you stand alone. And trust me when I say, these contest are not for the faint hearted. But more on that later."

"For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons Academy of Magic."

The doors open revealing girls in blue dresses and hats, they walk in gracefully and sigh dreamily as they spread their hands out before them.

They quickly walk to the front and sigh again as small enchanted birds fly around them. Their headmistress walks in behind them, "Blimey, that is one big woman."

The boys in the hall begin to cheer and whistles, "Our friends from the North! Please greet the proud sons of Drumstrang and their high master, Igor Krakaroff."

They walk in while hitting their staffs against the floor, they hold them out in front of them and spin them around performing tricks.

They stop half way down the tables, the leader of the group directly beside Dorothy and the twins. He looks over at her in the corner of his eye and offers a small smile, making her grin back at him.

He places his staff down and sprints off performing flips and tricks at the front as the headmaster and Victor Krum walk in, "Blimey, it's him. It's Victor Krum."

The boy from the front kneels down and breaths fire which forms a bird before dying out. He catches Dorothy's eye again and winks, she smiles back at him politely and Fred raises a brow at her, "I think our little Dottie has got a crush."

"What? No!" She says pushing him away and taking a look at George in the corner of her eye who seems unbothered as he talks to his brother and Dean. "Your attention, please!"

"I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory- that is what awaits the student who wins the Triwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks, three extremely dangerous tasks..."

"Wicked." The twins say at the same time.

"For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartimus Crouch."

The thunder ceiling roars loudly as lightening lights up the hall, a light shoots up at the ceiling taming the raging storm, "Oh my Godric, that's Mad-eye Moody." Dorothy says in awe.

"Here she goes," Fred mutters to George, "Oh, I want to be an auror." He says as he playfully nudges her.

She nudges him back and looks back to the ex-auror, "Alastor Moody, the Auror?" Hermione questions.

"Auror?" Dean questions.

"Dark-wizard catcher. Half the cells in Azkaban are filled thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter these days."

They watch as he walks forward and his eye zoom sin on a few people as he walks towards Dumbledore and shakes his hand, "Stupid ceiling." He mutters as he takes a step back.

Crouch steps forward and clears his throat, "After due consideration, the Ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forward their name for the Tournament. This decision..."

He's cut off by everyone booing him. Before she can attempt to stand up, Fred and George have already placed hand each on Dorothy's shoulders. "That's rubbish! Rubbish!"

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells. "Unfortunately," Dumbledore glances over at Dorothy, a sympathetic look on his face, "This also means no Quidditch this year."

"What?" She shrieks, this was the year she finally got to be Quidditch Captain, "You can't cancel Quidditch! It's like my religion! I obje-" The twins pull her down and George wraps an arm around her head to silence her.

Almost the entire halls looks over at her sudden outburst, her voice is muffled against George's arm as Fred waves the people away.

Dumbledore approaches a large golden stand, hiding the smile he has from hearing the amusing outburst of the Gryffindor chaser, he lifts his wand, the gold melts away allowing a goblet with a large glowing blue flame to takes its place, "The Goble of Fire! Anyone wishing to try for the tournament write your name upon a piece of parchment and throw it into the flame before this hour Thursday night. Don't do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."